|Teen / Love Yes|
|Add Date:||2016-04-25||Pull Date:||2016-06-26|
|Week Ending:||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May|
|1.||Sat, 25 Jun 16:||Eme O|
|4.||Sat, 04 Jun 16:||Eme O|
|2.||Tue, 14 Jun 16:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [S168]
|5.||Wed, 01 Jun 16:||DJ McGriddle|
funk to fiddle
|3.||Tue, 07 Jun 16:||DJ Stace|
|6.||Wed, 01 Jun 16:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
Teen’s third album, Love Yes, finds the Brooklyn quartet shedding off their prog and psych rock sensibilities to fully embrace a sound that could be classified as late 1970’s European disco meets late1980’s FM pop radio meets chillwave. The synthesizer-generated music, harmonious vocals, and accessible melodies remain the core of their sound and this time, they feel fully integrated. |
Here’s something else from the press release:
“Teen’s new album, Love Yes, explores the disharmony and empowerment that both sexuality and spirituality can create within the modern woman’s psyche. Universal ideas of loyalty, pleasure, purity, power, aging, and love are confronted with a knowable specificity. There is a quality of wholesomeness, but also an edge—a kind of wise anger and electricity”.
RIYL: Bat For Lashes, Hospitality, St. Vincent, ABBA, and Broadcast.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 12
1. (3:34) *Tokyo – Medium tempo track. Driven by a catchy synth riff and chorus.
2. (3:48) **All About Us – Upbeat composition with a late 1980’s radio-friendly R&B vibe. Contagious vocal melody.
3. (3:57) **Gone for Good – Groovy synth riff on this solid pop tune. Memorable melody. At minute 3:30 track ends and we get a sax solo epilogue.
4. (4:50) Another Man's Woman – Slow track fueled by 1980’s pop ballads. Cool synth solo.
5. (4:14) *Example – Medium up tempo track. Abbaesque. Dramatic. At minute 3:36 song ends and we have another brief sax solo.
6. (4:19) **Animal – Medium up tune with vocals that reminds me of early Buffalo Daughter recordings with harmony and weird synth arraignments. Impeccable semi-experimental pop piece.
7. (3:43) *Free Time – Pop indulgence here. Upbeat recording. Theatrical as you can get.
8. (4:07) **Superhuman – Catchy synth riff intro. Great medium up tempo pop tune with flawless musical arraignments. By minute 3:40 songs ends to introduce a sax solo. Third time’s the charm.
9. (4:11) Please – Slow beat track with ballad written all over. Soft vocals.
10. (4:06) Noise Shift – Another Abbaesque recording. Medium tempo tune. Spirited vocals and beats.
11. (3:47) Love Yes – Medium up tempo track. It has a contemporary R&B pop feeling.
12. (4:13) *Push – Piano driven ballad with rich pop moments.
|2.||All About Us||8.||Superhuman|
|3.||Gone For Good||9.||Please|
|4.||Another Man?S Woman||10.||Noise Shift|