|Prince Rama / Xtreme Now|
|Artist:||Prince Rama||Added:||Mar 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-04-18||Pull Date:||2016-06-19|
|Week Ending:||Jun 19||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1||Apr 24|
|1.||Jul 08, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|4.||Jun 22, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|2.||Jun 24, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
Slip Into Nevermore
|5.||Jun 15, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|3.||Jun 23, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
Fake Til You Feel
|6.||Jun 01, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|DJ Teddy Tesla|
Prince Rama (previously Prince Rama of Ayodhya) is a two-piece "now age" psych-dance band based in Brooklyn, New York, founded by sisters Taraka Larson and Nimai Larson.|
Typical faux-psych synthy garage pop. Some gems in here, nothing too terrible. Each song finds a new and different way to sound exactly like the other songs. Not my cup of tea, but if you like one of the songs, you’ll probably like all of them. I liked 3,4,5 well enough. 2 and 11 might not be a bad place to start. Not sure if the later songs were more boring, or if I was just tired of listening to the album.
FCCs: None that I could hear. Some lyrics aren’t very distinguishable though.
RIYL: New CHVRCHES, Synth Nostalgia, the term “psych-dance band”
1. Bahia (2:56) - Upbeat Disco-esque vibe. Male and female vocals trading lines. Male voice sounds like the guy from monster mash.
2. Your Life in the End (4:05) - Generic, upbeat melody. Sounds a lot like the songs from CHVRCHES’s album Every Open Eye.
3. Now Is the Time of Emotion (2:50) - Upbeat, bright-sounding. A lot of guitars and synths.
4. Slip into Nevermore (2:52) - Quiter, light female vocals, guitar strumming in the background. Some interesting synth melodies at times. I like it.
5. Fake Til You Feel (3:19) - Repeated female vocal samples in the background. Old school rock guitar line. Nuanced female vocals on top. Another favorite.
6. Believe in Something Fun (3:01) - Fun slightly Carribean vibe. Distorted male vocals at the end.
7. Xtreme Now Energy (2:25) - ENERGY ENERGY ENERGY. They chant that for most of the track, amidst fuzzy guitars. Loud. I wasn’t feeling it.
8. Fantasy (3:49) - Kinda boring synth pop. Gets kind of interesting around the 3 minute mark.
9. Sochi (2:38) - More mellow, but still pretty bright synths. Light, hollow female vocals hover above the track.
10. Would You Die to Be Adored (3:43) - Not a lot going on instrumentally, just a repetitive synth. Vocals aren’t too interesting either. Gets a tad more interesting around 2:15 when more instruments start coming in, but one at a time
11. Shitopia (5:42) - Starts off acoustic. An electric guitar comes in later. Better than a lot of the songs on this half of the album. I liked it alright. Goes quiet around 4:50 and then comes in with a completely different and interesting vibe. Like a slowed down version of the song. Doesn’t last too long though.
|1.||Bahia||6.||Believe In Something Fun|
|2.||Your Life In The End||7.||Xtreme Now Energy|
|3.||Now Is The Time Of Emotion||8.||Fantasy|
|4.||Slip Into Nevermore||9.||Sochi|
|5.||Fake Til You Feel||10.||Would You Die To Be Adored|