|Lnzndrf / Lnzndrf|
|Add Date:||2016-04-03||Pull Date:||2016-06-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr|
|1.||Tue, 21 Jun 16:||DJ Stace|
|4.||Fri, 10 Jun 16:||DJ Farad|
|2.||Wed, 15 Jun 16:||Jon Cousins|
Kick Out The Blues
|5.||Sat, 04 Jun 16:||DJ Farad|
|3.||Sat, 11 Jun 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Wed, 01 Jun 16:||Jon Cousins|
Kick Out The Blues
Lnzndrf, pronounced "Lanzendorf," is the new project by brothers Scott and Bryan Devendorf from The National and Beirut’s trombonist Ben Lanz (aka Hoferlanz). Recorded in a church in Cincinnati, Ohio over a three-day session, these eight recordings, four instrumentals and four with vocals, feel more like a split album done by two bands - a Tame Impala’s Currents inspired pop collective and an instrumental guitar/synth driven kraut rock group that has more in common with early Moon Duo. The instrumental tracks are the most interesting of all, featuring long guitar jams played at an upbeat tempo with programmed synthesizer sequences and lots of distortion and feedback. |
RIYL: Moon Duo, Neu!, Tame Impala, Svper, and early Trans Am.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8
1. (7:07) **Future You – Quiet long intro develops into a sophisticated guitar driven fast tempo instrumental track. Kraut rock 101.
2. (6:41) *Beneath The Black Sea – Upbeat track with cool vocals and guitar work. Part The National, part Trans Am.
3. (6:13) Mt Storm – Slow intro/outro. Medium tempo. Dramatic chorus. 4AD power ballad.
4. (3:39) *Kind Things – Accessible medium uptempo tune with a kind of Panda Bear meets Youth Lagoon pop vibe.
5. (6:23) **Hypno-Skate – Another exciting instrumental track. Great build-up. Sharp angles.
6. (1:14) Stars And Time – Brief instrumental synth pop intervention. It could have been a longer track.
7. (4:15) *Monument – Slow tempo recording with great guitar riff and inspired vocals. The best pop track on the album.
8. (6:00) **Samarra – Another 1970’s inspired kraut rock instrumental with a synth riff leading all the way until it clashes with a wall of feedback towards the end.
|2.||Beneath The Black Sea||6.||Stars And Time|