|Poliça / United Crushers|
|Label:||Mom + Pop|
|Add Date:||2016-05-16||Pull Date:||2016-07-17||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May|
|1.||Jun 16, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|4.||Jun 09, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|2.||Jun 15, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|5.||Jun 08, 2016:||Home on the Range |
|3.||Jun 15, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants! |
|6.||Jun 06, 2016:||Everything A to Z Week 46 |
Light electro production featuring high-pitched, breathy female vocals. The tracks are enjoyable, but generic in a way - I’m not sure if I could give this band its own particular “sound.” Tracks often flow into the next, so keep an eye (and an ear) out.|
RIYL Neon Indian, Jessy Lanza
FCC on tracks 1, 12
Recommended tracks: 4, 6, 11, 12 (but FCC)
1. (3:56) FCC!: “shit.” Distorted vocals and a slow, interesting beat sounding like a skipping record.
2. (3:35) High-pitched female vocals with a gentle jam and a buzzy synth that never fully resolves.
3. (3:30) Clappy backbeat with a light, airy feel and a catchy chorus.
4. (3:26) Interesting synth build morphs into layered minor key.
5. (2:58) Light, head-bobbing with building drumbeat interludes.
6. (3:57) A bit darker, with a guitar line and a repeated synthy scratch.
7. (3:10) Slower jam about love with a buzzing in the background.
8. (3:10) Sounds of Massive Attack. A minimal, minor-key track with a ticking backbeat.
9. (3:50) Strong base line with a frenetic drum.
10. (3:08) A more energetic, funky track that starts out strong.
11. (4:46) An immediate start from the previous track with electro strings and sax, moving into mid-tempo punctuated by synthy yelps at the end.
12. (3:42) FCC!: “fuck” x4. A pleasant, bassy love song that builds well. Too bad it can’t grace the daytime radio waves.
|6.||Top Coat||12.||Lose You|