|Gazebos / Die Alone|
|Add Date:||2016-04-25||Pull Date:||2016-06-26|
|Week Ending:||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May|
|1.||Mar 08, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
|4.||Jun 16, 2016:||The Pocket |
|2.||Jan 17, 2017:||Magnetized Toner: 2/3 of R. W. Mix Vol. 1 + Best of 2016 (Epilogue) |
|5.||Jun 09, 2016:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [S167] |
I Don't Wanna Be Here
|3.||Jun 25, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Jun 08, 2016:||Home on the Range |
Boys I Like
Die Alone is the debut album from Seattle’s Gazebos. They defined their sound as “whoa-pop” – think psychedelic pop heavily influenced by mid-1990’s college radio rock. There are also traces of 1970’s glam rock and early 1980’s LA punk in their sound. Shannon Perry’s voice, their singer, reminds me of a young Kim Deal if only The Breeders would’ve gone dirtier.|
RIYL: Suspirians, The Breeders, Au Pairs, The Geraldine Fibbers, and Chastity Belt.
FCC WARNING: 1
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9
1. (4:49) *Just Get High – FCC (Fuck). Medium tempo rocker with attitude. Kinda of 1970’s post-glam meets 1990’s post-grunge.
2. (4:34) Maintenance – Medium tempo balladesque track. Psychedelic guitars here.
3. (2:34) **I Don't Wanna Be Here – Trippy upbeat punker with great energy. Yeah!
4. (4:59) *Blend – Slow tempo track with spoken word parts a la The Breeders. It has a 1970’s musical theatre tune feeling. Cool ending.
5. (4:31) **Ere Specka – Medium up tempo track with a strange 1970’s AM radio pop-inspired chorus. Catchy and unique.
6. (3:53) *Sauna – Medium tempo pop recording. Think The Geraldine Fibbers meets 1970’s AM radio rock. Different.
7. (2:33) There Are Worse Things I Could Do – Medium tempo tune. Another musical theatre inspired ballad. Dramatic.
8. (2:28) **Not Allowed – Killer song here! Exchanges of medium and upbeat tempos on this track. It sounds timeless. Part punk and garage.
9. (5:37) **Boys I Like – Another great punker here. Solid guitar work. 1970’s forever. By minute 4:21 it fades away only to come back as a psych rock synth driven epilogue.
|1.||Just Get High||5.||Ere Specka|
|3.||I Don't Wanna Be Here||7.||There Are Worse Things I Could Do|
|9.||Boys I Like|