|Lee, Jason And The R.I.P. Tides / Jason Lee And The R.I.P. Tides|
|Album:||Jason Lee And The R.I.P. Tides||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Lee, Jason And The R.I.P. Tides||Added:||04/2016|
|Add Date:||2016-04-18||Pull Date:||2016-06-19|
|Week Ending:||29 May||22 May||8 May||1 May|
|1.||May 26, 2016:||Munch Time |
Dead In Del Mar
|4.||May 07, 2016:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|2.||May 25, 2016:||Brownian Motion |
|5.||May 05, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|3.||May 19, 2016:||Munch Time |
|6.||Apr 28, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
The Open Road
Surf rock. Walking drums, strummy guitar, no lyrics (although there are a few clips from old B movies). Occasionally a little spooky, although not as often as I would’ve preferred. Lots of call-and-repeat stuff--the guitarist (who I assume is Jason Lee) tosses a hook out there, and the rest of the band echoes it back. Very simple melodies. Raw, if you want a flattering word, and amateurish, if you want an unflattering one. These guys make a point of saying how they’re inspired by B-list movies, and the album reflects it in every sense.|
Try 1 or 2 to start? No FCCs.
1) Slow intro, then rocks out a little. Simple melody.
3) The horn takes over in the second half.
4) All guitar here. A tiny bit spooky but not really.
5) Opens with a sound byte from a horror movie, which may not really fit. Almost heroic melody here.
6) Sneaky. Spy movie?
7) Opens with superhero movie clip. Higher energy, surfy.
8) Scooby doo?
9) I honestly don’t know what to say about this. A lot of these tracks are very similar. Surfy, guitars, etc.
10) More playful, which is nice.
11) Moderately paced.
12) A little dreamier, which actually suits them well. Not much of a melody though.
13) Another movie clip, then rocks out a bit.
|1.||Snake Eyes||7.||Caped Crusader|
|2.||Speed Racer||8.||Swamp Shack|
|3.||She Fell Asleep||9.||Rod Swirling|
|4.||Dead In Del Mar||10.||Creepy Crawly|
|5.||The Open Road||11.||Sucker Punch|
|6.||Black Tide||12.||Funeral Waltz|
|13.||The Evil Eye|