|Crescendo / Unless|
|Label:||We Were Never Being Boring|
|Add Date:||2016-08-15||Pull Date:||2016-10-17|
|Week Ending:||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug|
|1.||Jan 03, 2017:||Magnetized Toner: Best Of 2016 Part 2 |
|4.||Oct 01, 2016:||Narnia |
|2.||Oct 04, 2016:||What's Not to Love? |
|5.||Sep 27, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
Pressure, Space Cadet, The Morning Sonata
|3.||Oct 02, 2016:||1095320 |
|6.||Sep 20, 2016:||Magnetized Toner |
Crescendo’ second album, Unless, is a fast and addictive exercise in dream pop and C86 style jangle rock driven by rhythmic intensity and guitar frenzy. This young and promising Los Angeles band features the faultless vocal work of guitarist and singer, Gregory Cole and keyboardist and singer Olive Kimoto. Young and restless.|
RIYL: Hibou, Surf Club, The Radio Dept., DIIV and Craft Spells.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10 and 12
1. (1:31) Intro – Guitar-driven instrumental. Sets the mood of the album.
2. (2:40) **Repulsor – Inspired shimmering guitar attack at medium-up tempo. Male /female vocals. Perfect for driving.
3. (2:17) **Tell – More pleasant guitar sounds here. Upbeat tempo. Sweet female vocals.
4. (3:17) *Last Song – Similar description as previous. Less memorable melody but with a great synth solo in the middle of the track.
5. (3:33) **Haunted – Mellow and atmospheric recording. Slow tempo. Synth driven, female vocals. Sounds timeless.
6. (2:43) Said – Upbeat tempo with wild guitars and male vocals. Fast emotions, brief moments.
7. (0:58) The Morning Sonata – Sound clip of a 20th century film conversation. Intermission.
8. (1:24) Space Cadet – Instrumental track with atmospheric synths and a kind of disco beat.
9. (4:22) **Pressure (Feat. Frankie Soto) – Fast guitars, upbeat rhythms, male/female vocals. Catchy track.
10. (2:13) **Transformer – Upbeat guitar driven recording with memorable vocals. Reminds me of The House Of Love. Intense. Male vocals.
11. (2:25) Yet – Sounds like late 1980’s British dream pop. Flickering guitars, male vocals, upbeat tempo.
12. (2:46) **Softly – Exquisite guitar riff, medium tempo, female/male vocals. Sweet dreams.
|1.||Intro||7.||The Morning Sonata|