|Add Date:||2016-05-01|| ||Pull Date:||2016-07-03|| |
|Week Ending:||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||15 May||8 May|
This new record from Whiskerman actually came out at the end of last year (again, sorry for the late add). Great indie folk record, really cool string parts, over all pretty and simple. RIYL: Deer Tick, Hiss Golden Messenger.|
Favorites: 2, 3, 9,
1. (3:26) Otis – Mid tempo indie folk, simple, pretty.
2. (3:26) One Good Way – Uptempo, awesome strings, great melody, one of my favorites.
3. (4:27) Cardinal City – Uptempo again, another good one, more strings, big sound.
4. (5:39) Perfect – Mid tempo, kind of cheesy lyrics, but another awesome sounding song.
5. (2:32) Time – Vocals and keyboards only, slow and pretty.
6. (5:42) My Good Country – More rock country, lots of falsetto and heavier guitar and drums on this one.
7. (3:13) Deep Surprise – This one feels more psychedelic, but more of the same for the most part.
8. (2:59) Diamond in the Rough – This one reminds me of Bob Dylan in the vocal style. Guitar, drums, strings, mid-tempo.
9. (3:41) Consistency of Grace – Slow, snare rolls, beautiful strings, one of the best on the record IMHO.
10. (5:00) Paradise – More falsetto, starts with guitars only, builds halfway through, cool keyboard/synth effects.