|White Lung / Paradise|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2016-05-09||Pull Date:||2016-07-10|
|Week Ending:||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May|
|1.||Jan 14, 2019:||truth to force |
|4.||Jul 18, 2016:||ZoëRadio |
|2.||Oct 22, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|5.||Jul 09, 2016:||Narnia |
|3.||Aug 22, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|6.||Jul 09, 2016:||Music Casserole |
‘90s, riot grrrl/grunge/punk influence. Blistering guitars, drums, powerfully emotive fem vox. Fucked Up/Sleater-Kinney/Ex Hex/Bikini Kill. No FCCs.|
1. (2:29) ** Dead Weight—Hammering percussion, furious guitars and vocals.
2. (3:18) *** Narcoleptic—Darker. Prominent bassline. Occasional new wavey synths. Angry guitars and drumming.
3. (3:37) ***** Below—Silvery synth intro. Melancholically burning in a restrained way. Really beautiful chorus. Searing guitar outro starting at 2:40. One of those songs that makes you appreciate music newly
4. (2:52) ** Kiss Me When I Bleed—Punk. “I will give birth in a trailer, huffing the gas in the air.” Occasional warbled vocals. Very direct, seething guitars.
5. (2:18) Demented—Another great, angry track.
6. (3:25) Sister—Lower vox. Bright, bloodred guitars. Insane riffage.
7. (2:56) *** Hungry—Darker timbres, threatening. “You are never safe from yourself.” One of my favorite vocal deliveries on the album. Colliding, crashing guitars. Phenomenal.
8. (3:03) ** I Beg You—Extremely fast drumming and wild guitars. “This is the death of me, I need a fantasy.”
9. (2:18) Vegas—More metallic and eavy. Nearly ambient last 30 seconds save for some softly whispered vocals.
10. (2:11) Paradise—Reminds me of Sleater-Kinney. Closes with “so desolate, so desolate…”
|3.||Below||8.||I Beg You|
|4.||Kiss Me When I Bleed||9.||Vegas|