|Moonlandingz, The / Expanded Ep|
|Add Date:||2016-05-23||Pull Date:||2016-07-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||26 Jun||12 Jun||29 May|
|1.||Tue, 25 Jul 17:||Dj Arid & DJ Bear|
|4.||Thu, 14 Jul 16:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|2.||Thu, 21 Jul 16:||DJ Stace|
|5.||Thu, 14 Jul 16:||ChieflyChris|
Viewer Discretion Advised
|3.||Wed, 20 Jul 16:||DJ Stace|
|6.||Wed, 13 Jul 16:||DJ Stace|
Fat White Family side project: weird sci-fi rock with varying sounds. They call it "Ouija Pop." Spooky and glitchy and fuzzy in parts. But all in all, worth a play. Over half of the tracks are moody little instrumentals under a minute: you probably don't mean to play those (unless you do). No FCCs. RIYL: Thee Oh Sees, Fat White Family, Cramps, Stooges, Shannon and the Clams.|
1. (0:47) Bleepy + ominous blary organ for a while.
2. (4:11) ****** Heavy power chords, joined by drony vox with krauty rhythm. Thee Oh Seesish effect. Builds into delirious screaming. Cool.
3. (0:25) Oscillo churn sounds for a while. (flows into next track...)
4. (2:53) **** (optionally flows from last track...) Easy-going sweet little sound with buzzy bleepy sci-fi sounds low in the mix. Almost caribbean + fuzzy and weird sci-fi on the edges. Infectiously lazy.
5. (1:56) Chill warpo space noises with cool rhythm.
6. (1:01) Electric space bongos ping-ponging alongside a child's xylophone and weird background chanting.
7. (4:10) *** Bummier, dour clashy sounds with culty demonic vox. Bleeps and bloops: yes. Dense ominous atmosphere.
8. (0:52) Chattery quacky oscillo sounds.
9. (3:53) ****** Gentle wraithlike sounds for nearly a minute, then it fucking BREAKS DOWN frantic post-punk sounds, fast and insistent. Wonderful fuzz. Vox are demented and deft. God, this is fucking insane.