|Great American Canyon Band / Only You Remain|
|Album:||Only You Remain||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Great American Canyon Band||Added:||05/2016|
|Label:||Six Degrees Records|
|Add Date:||2016-05-29||Pull Date:||2016-07-31|
|Week Ending:||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun|
|1.||Fri, 29 Jul 16:||Francis D|
|4.||Tue, 19 Jul 16:||DJ Farad|
|2.||Wed, 27 Jul 16:||DJ Stace|
|5.||Sat, 16 Jul 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|3.||Fri, 22 Jul 16:||Francis D|
|6.||Sat, 16 Jul 16:||Tom McCarter|
Old Fart at Play
They are a classic shoegaze, indie folk group with a pretty consistent vibe across all of their songs. These are all super catchy songs that pretty easily run into one another. There is good emphasis on both guitar and drums which gives it a little bit of a rock vibe. Voices are sort of echo-y across the album which makes the lyrics kind of hard to hear. Would definitely recommend! All tracks are pretty good, #5 I particularly like. Track 1, 2, 3, 7 are also good.|
FCC: Track 3 (hell)
1. ***Only You Remain (3:23): Great beat to it, awesome shoegaze with a great drum background that pulls it into a more immediate sound. A little bit of a rock vibe but covered in mellow acoustic sound that switches off with it
2. ***Crash (4:03): Still has the great beat to it, a little more mellow. There is a little bit of twang to this song with the guitar
3. ***Come Home (3:39): FCC: “Baby I’m in Hell” long lead in, mostly acoustic guitar turns into a more upbeat guitar portion and lyrics start 1:30 into the song. Same vibe as first two songs.
4. **Broken Glass (3:59): Female voice here, more somber than earlier tracks. Great track, but more of a downer.
5. ****Never Fade Away (4:18): Starts with electric guitar, heavy drums. Switches tone really quickly and frequently throughout the song between high energy and lower contemplative vibe.
6. *Undertow (3:50): Slow, sad. Would definitely recommend listening to if you’re looking for something somber. Electric guitar kind of breaks the beauty of the song
7. ***Chances (3:55): Very low-key, strong beat. Makes use of electric guitar.
8. **Rise (4:29): Dreamy, twangy
9.* We Are Lovers (4:40): Pure, mellow, slow
10. *I Lose Me (4:41): very mystical
|1.||Only You Remain||6.||Undertow|
|4.||Broken Glass||9.||We Are Lovers|
|5.||Never Fade Away||10.||I Lose Me|