|Plush / Please|
|Label:||Father Daughter Records|
|Add Date:||2016-07-04||Pull Date:||2016-09-04|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||24 Jul||17 Jul|
|1.||Aug 24, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
Please Don't Let Me Go
|4.||Aug 12, 2016:||The Anti-Guppo Boar Machine |
Dreams Of You
|2.||Aug 20, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Aug 11, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|3.||Aug 18, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
|6.||Aug 04, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
Woozy bedroom pop, guitar looping, female vocals, hazy lazy C86 thing going on. The lovechild of Orchid Tapes’ earnest simplicity and Captured Tracks’ golden innocence. |
RIYL Youth Lagoon’s first album, Mac DeMarco, salvia palth, Orchid Tapes and Captured Tracks labels
Favorites: 1, 2, 4
1. (2:46) ** Dreams of You—Calm idyllic guitars, keyboards, vocals seem surprisingly direct and full for this dreamy poppy kind of music.
2. (3:27) * Please Don’t Let Me Go—More distorted guitars, vocals less distinguishable beneath reverb. All instrumental in last minute and a half.
3. (2:53) Go2Bed—Murky, aimless, feeling dead in the July heat, Year of Hibernation feel.
4. (3:14) ** Sheer Power—More complex chiming guitar lines, lots of effects, fuller vocals, wistful. Reminds me of Brilliant Beast.
5. (2:28) Fixes—Halcyon early summer atmosphere, like early Mac DeMarco.
|1.||Dreams Of You||3.||Go2bed|
|2.||Please Don't Let Me Go||4.||Sheer Power|