Woozy bedroom pop, guitar looping, female vocals, hazy lazy C86 thing going on. The lovechild of Orchid Tapes’ earnest simplicity and Captured Tracks’ golden innocence.
RIYL Youth Lagoon’s first album, Mac DeMarco, salvia palth, Orchid Tapes and Captured Tracks labels
Favorites: 1, 2, 4
1. (2:46) ** Dreams of You—Calm idyllic guitars, keyboards, vocals seem surprisingly direct and full for this dreamy poppy kind of music.
2. (3:27) * Please Don’t Let Me Go—More distorted guitars, vocals less distinguishable beneath reverb. All instrumental in last minute and a half.
3. (2:53) Go2Bed—Murky, aimless, feeling dead in the July heat, Year of Hibernation feel.
4. (3:14) ** Sheer Power—More complex chiming guitar lines, lots of effects, fuller vocals, wistful. Reminds me of Brilliant Beast.
5. (2:28) Fixes—Halcyon early summer atmosphere, like early Mac DeMarco.