|Various Artists / Psychotrance 4|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2016|
|1.||Jan 21, 2022:||The Offbeat Generation |
|3.||Nov 29, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|2.||Aug 14, 2017:||Everything A to Z - Week 98 |
The Wheel, Prologue 2
|4.||Nov 15, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
psychotrance 4, various, Moonshine Music|
Continuous mix of hypnotizing trance house by Slam, all centered around trance but with sufficiently satisfying variety. Vocals are at a minimum, used only as single-word affected instruments. The low-130s BPMs are definitely danceable and certainly energetic. A number of big names and good mixing make for a great listening or dancing experience.
- The first half-dozen tracks are all trance, bleeding slightly into progressive house or techno, with many tracks having a typical house song structure.
- The middle chunk are weirder and pick up the pace a little into almost drum&bass/psytrance.
- The last ones get more rhythmic then return to Slam's trance tracks
No _bad_ tracks except 14. Recommended Tracks: 7, 10, 13, 15 Recommended Sequences: 2-4,
01) Prologue 2, Envoy (1:39): ethereal 8bit wisps and winds
** 02) The Wheel, Glenn Underground (6:04): House, progressive and electronic and deep and groovy. BPM 130.
** 03) Blueprints, Perpetual (5:01): growing trance track with pulsing synthetic tones. BPM 130
** 04) Seduction, Sun Children (5:25): dubbier house with heavier/harsher drums and more energy. BPM 130
05) Baby Boogie, Blue Spirit (3:56): slightly more high-passed sounds beat and fling themselves around the upper realms of your head. Rougher transitions make me not recommend this one. BPM 130
* 06) Boogie Bus, Bush Funk (6:01): groovier, funkier, stranger, but still definitely House. BPM 130
* 07) Eniac, Octave One (2:38): Excellent weird trance track, but here it's a little truncated. Recommend: play this track, but in full from Youtube or whatever. BPM 130
08) Last Campaign, Random Noise Generation (3:56): Tech-house with emphasized lows. Feels simultaneously burnt and wet. BPM 132
09) Rhythm Method, Spira (4:48): hectic, bleeds into drum&bass. BPM 133
* 10) Home Boy, Vise/Player Hater (2:05): hyperdub-weird, feels quite fast. BPM 133
11) Slide On, Space DJz (1:29): transition track, still super fast. BPM 132
12) Lost Point, Naughty & Toilus (0:43): energy releases and slows.
** 13) Junglist Steelos, DJ Sneak & Armand Van Helden (4:13): trippy wet synth and breakbeat drums archetype 'psychotrance' as a term. BPM 133
x 14) Confusion, Track Assassins (6:17): Weird, rhythmic, repetitive. Feels like a rock bridge. Do not recommend. BPM 133
** 15) Basketball Heroes, Damon Wild (3:47): it just *fits* nicely. Hyper rhythmic, groovy. BPM 133
16) Dark Forces (Claude Young Mix), Slam (3:45): loungey clicks on real drums. Returns to the typical trance aesthetic. BPM 133
* 17) Dark Forces (Original Mix), Slam (6:25): dark deep house / trance. BPM 133