Here’s another well-mastered, upbeat release from the Swedish trio. The album opens with perhaps the strongest track, weaving in and out of more and less forceful but still well-constructed songs with ever-catchy hooks. Get some energy, harmony, and falsetto into your life!
RIYL The New Pornographers, Jens Lekman, The Arcade Fire
Recommended tracks: 1, 4, 6, 7, 10
1. (3:16) Groovy, clappy dance number to start featuring a piano line. My fave!
2. (3:53) Softer ballad with a faster chorus urging you to seize love when you have the chance.
3. (3:46) Poppy, sweet, saccharine foot-tapper with violins backing up.
4. (2:59) A short number with an 80s cop show piano beat, lots of percussion and sparkly synths.
5. (3:30) Title track that might be a modern version of a prison song. Whistles with a downtrodden feel.
6. (3:45) Beautiful harmonies with wistful lyrics and a fast-paced drumline.
7. (3:55) Mid-tempo with trademark harmonies and a twangy guitar.
8. (3:31) Bright strings and tambourines sounding a lot like the Arcade Fire.
9. (3:15) A sweet, happy ode to someone with fireworks in their eyes.
10. (2:44) Begging that other person to make a choice about love! Guitar, drums, heavy breathing.
11. (3:02) A slower poppy guitar line switching between minor and major key.
12. (3:23) A light-hearted ditty featuring cowbell to end it.