Emo, blood-red, heart-on-sleeve shoegaze from Britain. Male vocals, falsetto and a little like Billy Corgan. A beautiful, life-affirming blend of Swervedriver, Smashing Pumpkins, and Jimmy Eat World’s Clarity (one of the best albums of the ‘90s imo). No FCCs detected.
1. (4:30) *** Nouvelle—Angsty, loud, propulsive. Goes through all the emotions. Totally epic.
2. (3:46) ** Cursed—Slower, more melancholy. Some serious riffing in the last minute.
3. (3:47) Rusk—Sludgy stoner-rock shoegaze, but still driving. Super drowned-out vocals.
4. (4:01) ** Cicada—Clean guitar intro, more pop, shimmering.
5. (5:28) *** Rainer—Could have been a track off Clarity. Sincere, throbbing, absolutely beautiful.