|Cloud Becomes Your Hand / Rest In Fleas|
|Album:||Rest In Fleas||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Cloud Becomes Your Hand||Added:||07/2016|
|Label:||Northern Spy Records|
|Add Date:||2016-08-01||Pull Date:||2016-10-03|
|Week Ending:||9 Oct||2 Oct||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug|
|1.||Wed, 19 Jul 17:||dog|
day tapes #2
|4.||Wed, 05 Oct 16:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|2.||Tue, 18 Jul 17:||Dj Arid & DJ Bear|
|5.||Sun, 02 Oct 16:||R.O.Y. G. B.I.V.|
The Prism Experiment
|3.||Thu, 06 Oct 16:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants!
|6.||Sun, 02 Oct 16:||ts porkchop|
Artist: Cloud Becomes Your Hand|
Album: Rest in Fleas
This is a MIDI heavy album full of bizaare lyrics, weird textures, and composed dissonant and chromatic unison lines shared between guitars, synths, violins, and occasional horns. At times it feels a bit punk and at other times very trippy, theatrical, and orchestral (think Zappa).
RIYL: Devo, LCD soundsystem, Ariel Pink, Mac Demarco, Frank Zappa
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 5, 8
1. (3:49) Hermit*** – Fast and frantic with a bit of a punk feel. Strange, overdubbed spoken/shouted lyrics. Weird, chromatic unison lines with violin and surf-rock style electric guitar. Somehow a lot of different, disjointed moving parts come together to make a great whole.
2. (5:37) Bridge of Ignorance Returns – Even more frantic with a simple driving beat. Zappa-esque unison line with a bunch of weird synths. Distorted vocals and violin in unison. Stops and gives way to slow synth noodling around 30 seconds from the end.
3. (5:13)* Aye Aye – Instrumental. Slower but lurching. A standard mellow synth driven groove modulates into some dark, minor textures with interesting unison lines shared by a dobro (?) guitar and some synth. Breaks down about half way through. Gets even stranger as it progresses.
4. (1:24) Other Suns – Instrumental. Mellow gospel like organ over various, random sound effects.
5. (5:17)* Garden of the Ape – Driven by a weird meandering melody split between various different voices. Sinks into a nice, more traditional groove around a minute in. More strange lyrics. Breaks into various weird meters halfway through.
6. (2:52) Rest in Fleas*** - More strange overdubbed lyrics – this time they’re melodic. Nice unison horn lines. Slow organ interlude in the middle. A bit more accessible.
7. (3:12) Third Avenue Slime – Instrumental. Medium tempo with driving percussion. Dark, tense strings and guitar. Dissonant organ and guitar noodling.
8. (3:36) Made of Teak* – Upbeat. Female vocals. Very synth heavy with nice textures and melodies. Most accessible song on the album.
|1.||Hermit||5.||Garden Of The Age|
|2.||Bridge Of Ignorance Returns||6.||Rest In Fleas|
|3.||Aye Aye||7.||Third Avenue Slime|
|4.||Other Suns||8.||Made Of Teak|