|Hine, Thomas / Some Notion Or Novelty|
|Album:||Some Notion Or Novelty||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-08-08||Pull Date:||2016-10-10|
|Week Ending:||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 13 Jul 18:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Sat, 24 Sep 16:||Eme O|
|2.||Fri, 25 May 18:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Fri, 16 Sep 16:||Francis D|
|3.||Fri, 30 Sep 16:||Francis D|
|6.||Fri, 09 Sep 16:||Francis D|
“Some Notion or Novelty” Thomas Hine|
Thomas Hine is an indie folk/roots singer-songwriter from Golden, Colorado. In an increasingly glossy music industry, Hine is a sincere, humble artist. His songs have an authentic, personal feeling with heartfelt lyrics backed by often simple, somewhat lo-fi arrangements. His latest album features a collection of tunes that include traditional folk, Americana and even some that veer toward the experimental. Collaborating with Hine are a variety of instrumentalists and vocalists who add inviting depth to the songs.
Recommended: 1, 4, 2, 8, 6, 13. NO FCCs.
1. (4:55) Before the Sun Rises – Light and simple, as the day begins. ****
2. (3:40) Just Like Juan Ortiz – Peaceful folk. Fingerpicked guitar. Rich harmonies. A little country twang. ***
3. (3:51) Koblenz Corner – Leisurely pace. Piano. Guitar. Glockenspiel. Strings. Tambourine.
4. (4:34) Clodia+Songs – Beautiful, but dark ballad. Exquisite poetry in this one — you must listen to the lyrics. Strummed guitar. Piano. Raw and real. ***
5. (5:35) Monsters – Low-fi, with a player piano vibe.
6. (3:41) La Belle Riviere – Old-timey feel. Harmonium, I think. Rich female harmonies. **
7. (3:51) The Return (Alternate) – Group sing-along. Hine’s daughter, Sadie, on trumpet and backing vocals.
8. (3:50) Never Forget – Soft and sentimental. Mandolin and harmonica are nice touches. ***
9. (4:15) Moffat – Sweet and calm. Strummed acoustic guitar and glockenspiel. La la la backing vocals.
10. (5:27) The Turn That Time Had Taken – Guitar and piano. Experimental feeling in the lead break.
11. (4:38) My Nature – Bigger, bolder. Strummed guitar. Piano. Harmonium.
12. (3:53) The Return – Primary version of track 7. More complex and highly experimental soundscape with harmonium, guitar, nature sounds, and spoken word.
13. (4:17) Moffat (Demo) – Demo of track 9. Traditional folk feeling, with a strummed guitar and piano accompaniment. **
|1.||Before The Sun Rises||7.||The Return (Alternate)|
|2.||Just Like Juan Ortiz||8.||Never Forget|
|4.||Clodia+Songs||10.||The Turn That Time Had Taken|
|6.||La Belle Riviere||12.||The Return|