|Låpsley / Long Way Home|
|Album:||Long Way Home||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-08-29||Pull Date:||2016-10-31|
|Week Ending:||30 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||4 Sep|
|1.||Thu, 27 Oct 16:||Shay Z|
All Passion No Technique
|4.||Tue, 27 Sep 16:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|2.||Tue, 04 Oct 16:||CarlyCo|
What's Not to Love?
|5.||Fri, 02 Sep 16:||Francis D|
|3.||Sat, 01 Oct 16:||Eme O|
|6.||Wed, 31 Aug 16:||DJ Stace|
19 year old breakout indie pop artist Låpsley out of the UK has put out an incredible first record. Her voice is magical and she is absolutely incredible in concert. There are several amazing tracks on this record, and the rest of it is kind of sleepy, but totally worth a listen.|
Recommended: 1, **2**, 6, **9**
1. (4:15) Heartless - Starts slow, piano and vocals only, drum machine and other instruments build in, great melody, awesome start to this record.
2. (3:51) Hurt Me - Far and away my favorite track on this record. Indie pop all the way, but the lyrics are really amazing and her voice is out of this world.
3. (3:23) Falling Short - Awesome song, mid tempo and pretty.
4. (4:28) Cliff - Super minimal, super repetitive.
5. (3:25) Operator (He Doesn't Call Me) - This song is a little to disco for me.
6. (3:09) Painter - I love this song, basically sounds like harmonies with a music box in the background, builds slightly toward the end. So so pretty.
7. (3:56) Tell Me The Truth - Soulful vocals, very pretty song but not the most exciting.
8. (3:16) Station - This one is kind of trip-hop but also not my favorite.
9. (4:10) Love Is Blind - This is my other favorite. Melody is undeniable, vocals are amazing, instrumentation is killer. amazing.
10. (4:21) Silverlake - Another down tempo and track, very pretty.
11. (4:50) Leap - Ambient, soulful, mellow.
12. (3:30) Seven Months - Jazzy, lots of falsetto.
|1.||Heartless||7.||Tell Me The Truth|
|3.||Falling Short||9.||Love Is Blind|
|5.||Operator (He Doesn't Call Me)||11.||Leap|