|Reid, Nadia / Listen To Formation, Look For The Signs|
|Album:||Listen To Formation, Look For The Signs||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-08-29||Pull Date:||2016-10-31|
|Week Ending:||2 Oct||25 Sep|
|1.||Oct 01, 2016:||Music Casserole |
Some Are Lucky
|3.||Sep 23, 2016:||Time Traveler |
Some Are Lucky
|2.||Sep 27, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
Awesome debut album from 23-year-old Nadia Reid out of New Zealand. The whole record is super mellow, very pretty, and has elements of folk, blues, and stripped down indie rock. Great record, love it all. RIYL: Sharon Van Etten, Regina Spector, and |
FCCs: Track 3, Track 9
Favorites: **1**, 2, **6**, 8, **10**
1. (3:14) Runaway - This song is incredibly beautiful. So simple, and such an out of this world vocal performance.
2. (4:38) Track Of The Time - Very slightly faster paced, reminiscent of Sharon Van Etten in the bluesy vocal style.
3. FCC Fuck (4:05) Reaching Through - More up beat indie rock feel, but you can't play this one.
4. (3:39) Holy Low - Down tempo and acoustic again, another lovely song.
5. (3:54) Just To Feel Alive - Another favorite, slow and swinging, and another amazing vocal performance.
6. (4:16) Seasons Change - Slow build in, shuffling drum beat, twangy guitar, catchy melody.
7. (5:31) Some Are Lucky - Super mellow and bluesy, very sleepy.
8. (3:36) Ruby - acoustic guitar and whispy vocals, another one of my favorites.
9. FCC Shit (3:33) Call The Days - Another slightly faster paced song, this is another gem, but you can't play it.
10. (2:31) Holy Loud - I would call this rock country...kind of, but it has loud distorted guitar, and a killer hook. Great end to an awesome album.
|2.||Track Of The Time||7.||Some Are Lucky|
|4.||Holy Low||9.||Call The Days|
|5.||Just To Feel Alive||10.||Holy Loud|