This is the third record from British rock band Basement. Indie rock…more garage-y. I love it because it is flush with melodies and tempo transitions and such. Definitely nods to a lot of other bands, but this record is really good. RIYL: Cloud Nothing's, Tokyo Police Club, Pretty Girls Make Graves
Favorites: 1, 7, 10
1. (3:07) Brother's Keeper - Oscillates between driving up tempo and slightly more restrained. Killer melody, great track over all.
2. (3:00) Hanging Around - Sounds pretty much like the last track. Also great.
3. (2:47) Lose Your Grip - More of the same, distortion, driving beats.
4. (3:42) Aquasun - Starts off with some more isolated guitar notes, then back to the land of distortion and great melodies.
5. (2:23) Submission - Another upbeat rocker.
6. (2:38) Oversized - Slightly slowed down, more of a mellow feel.
7. (2:39) Blinded Bye - This one feels like a mix between early Weezer and early Green Day. Love.
8. (3:14)For You The Moon - This one isn't my favorite.
9. (2:37) Promise Everything - More uptempo rock
10. (2:30) Halo - Other favorite. A little slower, great melody.