|Dead C., The / Trouble|
|Artist:||Dead C., The||Added:||08/2016|
|Label:||Ba Da Bing|
|Add Date:||2016-10-04||Pull Date:||2016-12-04||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||4 Dec||27 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct|
|1.||Jan 10, 2017:||Magnetized Toner: Best Of 2016 Part 3 |
|4.||Nov 26, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Dec 08, 2016:||1100866 |
|5.||Nov 12, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|3.||Nov 30, 2016:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Nov 09, 2016:||a strange pursuit |
Trouble is the latest release by legendary prolific New Zealand noise rock trio, The Dead C and it doesn’t depart from what we’ve been hearing from them in the past – if you do it right, why not keep doing it? This 2-CD set was recorded live on July 27, 2013 in Port Chalmers, New Zealand, where the band submerged itself in deep guitar-based distortion, heavily fueled by pedal effects, hostile amp feedback, and sporadic drumming forays varying in intensity and improvisation. Their long journey proved to be so full of visceral loud encounters and lapses of rest and daydream agitations that it expanded into a double album. Guitar drone forever.|
RIYL: Sunn O))), Sun City Girls, Swans, Yo La Tengo, and Sonic Youth’s Sonic Youth Records releases.
NO WORDS, NO FCC’s.
1. (20:50) **One – Medium tempo noise safari with lots of extreme encounters and a lot of terrain covered. Lots of cool guitar pedal effects here. Epic.
2. (21:44) *Two – The journey continues on this one. More tame than previous recording. Some kind of mumbled singing toward the end of the song.
3. (14:55) Three – First ten minutes of song are just contained feedback and controlled effects. Weird calmness. After 10:45 it gets noisier and somehow more rhythmic.
4. (20:35) **Five– Wave of noise full submersion. Around minute eight, we get a beat (medium-up tempo). The build-up is slow, however, the effects are startling here. It’s a regular song then it mutates into noise. By minute 16, it slows down tremendously.
5. (5:01) **Four – Doom noise intro. By minute two, it slows down drastically, then everything disappears by 4:35.