|De Anda, Rudy / Delay, Cadaver Of A Day|
|Album:||Delay, Cadaver Of A Day||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||De Anda, Rudy||Added:||09/2016|
|Label:||Porch Party Records|
|Add Date:||2016-10-19||Pull Date:||2016-12-18|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct|
|1.||Dec 27, 2016:||Magnetized Toner: Best Of 2016 Part 1 |
|4.||Dec 08, 2016:||1100866 |
|2.||Dec 20, 2016:|| Magnetized Toner: 1/3 of Random Winter Mix Vol. 1 |
Won't Be Around Anymore
|5.||Nov 29, 2016:||Magnetized Toner |
|3.||Dec 13, 2016:||Magnetized Toner: Winter Test |
|6.||Nov 19, 2016:||Munch Time |
17 Tibetan Trampoline Enthusiasts, Hunger Cloud, Lunch Break, Won't Be Around Anymore
Delay, Cadaver Of A Day is the debut album by Long Beach native Rudy De Anda. Mixing late 20th century Californian psychedelia, 1970’s British prog rock, and current guitar pop tendencies, De Anda has crafted a set of tracks full of clever guitar riffs and solos, drastic rhythmic changes and Brian Wilson-esque sensibilities. He sounds like a young Sonny Smith embracing psych rock the way West Coasters can only do.|
RIYL: Sonny & The Sunsets, Car Seat Headrest, Golden Drugs, Chicano Batman,and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 8
1. (4:14) *Hunger Cloud – Guitar driven medium tempo track with layers of Southern California sun-soaked rock vibes in its bones. Catchy and chill. Great opener. In the last 40 seconds, slows down considerably.
2. (1:48) **17 Tibetan Trampoline Enthusiasts – Upbeat instrumental rocker. Yeah!
3. (3:39) ***Lunch Break – Upbeat tempo recording with all the right elements – memorable riff, trippy effects, catchy lyrics, accelerated energy. My favorite on the album.
4. (5:59) White Skies – Psychedelic guitar solo intro. At minute :51, track goes upbeat and surrounded by a cool baroque pop atmosphere. Up and down the psych rock mountain. Brings to mind Twin Peaks.
5. (5:56) House Of Construction – Medium tempo tune structures as a California psych pop recording but played with prog rock tendencies. Not bad.
6. (4:40) **Clay Melting On Our Backs – Medium-up tempo guitar driven prog rock inspired excursion. Very few vocals. Lots of cool rhythm changes. Guitar fever here!
7. (6:31) *SS Ailanthus – Slint kind a rock influence here. Starts at a slow tempo then at 3:08 abruptly goes upbeat. There are synths, maracas, and a lot of distorted guitars. Lyrics here and there. Towards the end, guitar solos and more rhythmic changes – slow/fast and vise versa.
8. (4:50) **Won't Be Around Anymore – 1960s organ sounds accompanied by cool 1970s vintage Californian pop vocals and guitar moments. Medium and medium-up tempo beat. It reminds me of The Turtles.
|1.||Hunger Cloud||5.||House Of Construction|
|2.||17 Tibetan Trampoline Enthusiasts||6.||Clay Melting On Our Backs|
|3.||Lunch Break||7.||Ss Ailanthus|
|4.||White Skies||8.||Won't Be Around Anymore|