|Operators / Blue Wave|
|Add Date:||2016-10-19||Pull Date:||2016-12-18|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||4 Dec||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct|
|1.||May 29, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Sep 01, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Feb 07, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Jan 06, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Aug 13, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Underpants |
Bring Me The Head
|6.||Dec 23, 2016:||KZSU Time Traveler |
On some tracks, Operators feel like they want to be an indie rock band; on others, they’re as electro as Daft Punk. Headed by Dan Boeckner of Wolf Parade and the Handsome Furs, the band is into playing instruments but also studio production. If you jam with guitar, sax, and/or synth, there’s probably something here for you.|
RIYL Bloc Party, The New Pornographers
Recommended tracks: 2, 4, 5, 7, 10
1. (2:33) Moody guitars with crooning vocals and high-pitched synth, resolving into major key.
2. (4:32) Synth-filled foot-tapper sparkling with horns interspersed.
3. (3:08) Poppy, pleasing, mid-tempo feel-good of a track.
4. (4:32) Bassline pulling you in different directions in a spacey, horn-punctuated plodding dance.
5. (5:35) Zippy synths and love-focused lyrics lead into a heartfelt sax breakdown.
6. (3:11) Twangy guitar with a heavy drumbeat. More of a rock feel to this one.
7. (3:49) My favorite song on the album. Sinister lyrics with synths that swell into a complex arrangement.
8. (4:36) A sweet, slower ballad with a nice melody and guitar line.
9. (3:27) A rock-sounding song again, uptempo with a kind of teeny-bopper feel.
10. (3:56) A slower, synthy one to end in a big way.
|1.||Rome||6.||Shape Of Things|
|2.||Control||7.||Bring Me The Head|
|5.||Blue Wave||10.||Space Needle|