|Sloucher / Certainty|
|Add Date:||2016-11-09||Pull Date:||2017-01-11|
|Week Ending:||8 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||13 Nov|
|1.||Thu, 15 Jun 17:||miss black eyeliner|
|4.||Sat, 21 Jan 17:||Middle School Boyfriend|
|2.||Thu, 27 Apr 17:||Ogrelord|
|5.||Thu, 19 Jan 17:||The Twisted Kid|
|3.||Thu, 16 Feb 17:||The Twisted Kid|
|6.||Fri, 06 Jan 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
This is the Debut EP from Seattle garage rockers, Sloucher. This may be the best album I have reviewed all year. Think all of your favorite Sebadoh/Pavement/Built to Spill records rolled into one and then maybe combined with some Yuck or something. Anyway, it is all around fucking awesome. Play all of it all the time.|
Favorites: 1, 3, 6, but all are really great.
1. (4:16) Waiting To Start - Reminds me of all of my favorite late 90s indie rock. Uptempo, easy, layered, awesome.
2. (4:05) Constant Questions - Another killer melody, more of the same.
3. (3:27) Dear - This one has a hint of country in its instrumentation. Mid tempo and a tad more mellow.
4. (4:14) Flower Girl - Uptempo, some more twangy guitar, love song.
5. (4:11) Dreams - Mid tempo and name fitting. Underwater vocals.
6. (3:49) Certainty - Mid tempo, another great melody. Another favorite.
7. (4:25) Bigger Than Me - Downtempo and slightly darker at the start, builds into a full sound about a minute in. Another great track.
|1.||Waiting To Start||4.||Flower Girl|
|7.||Bigger Than Me|