|Reed, Eli "Paperboy" / Way Home|
|Artist:||Reed, Eli "Paperboy"||Added:||11/2016|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2016-11-09||Pull Date:||2017-01-11|
|Week Ending:||8 Jan||1 Jan||18 Dec|
|1.||Fri, 06 Jan 17:||Shineymic|
Emergency Crew for The Intercept/The Pocket
|3.||Tue, 13 Dec 16:||Dj Arid & DJ Bear|
|2.||Sat, 31 Dec 16:||The Shiney One|
Emergency Crew - NYE16-17
This is the fifth album by Eli "Paperboy" Reed, originally out of Boston. He has really got the 50s/60s soul/rock n roll thing down. Every song is really pretty much the same, and this record is way more preachy and gospel-y than ever before. Good record through and through.|
Favorites: 2, 4, 9, 11
1. (2:31) Hold Out - Uptempo soulful rock, great harmonies, exactly what you expect from Eli. That voice.
2. (3:31) Your Sins Will Find You Out - Hands down my favorite track. The guitar riff is amazing, mid tempo, love it.
3. (2:50) Cut Ya Down - Uptempo and funky.
4. (4:07) Movin' - Downtempo vocal showcase. Awesome.
5. (2:34) Tomorrow's Not Promised - Uptempo Motown vibe.
6. (3:59) My Way Home - Mid tempo gospel feel.
7. (3:25) Eyes On You - Midtempo, more of the same.
8. (2:56) The Strangest Thing - Uptempo another one that feels like a gospel choir song.
9. (2:40) I'd Rather Be Alone - This is another of my favorites. Downtempo, vintage soul. Great song.
10. (3:14) A Few More Days - Uptempo rock n roll.
11. (2:48) What Have We Done - Acoustic guitar and organs, love this one too, another gospel track. "We destroyed the only place we all come from"
|1.||Hold Out||6.||My Way Home|
|2.||Your Sins Will Find You Out||7.||Eyes On You|
|3.||Cut Ya Down||8.||The Strangest Thing|
|4.||Movin'||9.||I'd Rather Be Alone|
|5.||Tomorrow's Not Promised||10.||A Few More Days|
|11.||What Have We Done|