Third release from Seattle indie folk group The Head and The Heart. This is my least favorite record that they have released, but there are some gems on here. It trends a little more indie pop than indie folk this time around.
Favorites: 2, 3, 7, 8, 12
1. (3:46) All We Ever Knew - Uptempo, lala chorus, awesome strings as usual.
2. (3:57) City Of Angels - Piano and guitar driven. Uptempo. Awesome harmony breakdown at the end.
3. (4:00) Rhythm & Blues - Uptempo and folksy. Great chorus. Really like this one too.
4. (4:08) False Alarm - More of the same. Another uptempo track, piano driven and lists of hi-hat-hits.
5. (3:13) Dreamer - 3/4 tempo. Simple and pretty. Builds. Strings and vocals are on point as per usual.
6. (3:14) Library Magic - Mid tempo and folky
7. (3:43) Turn It Around - More electronic, uptempo and catchy, another favorite.
8. (4:12) Colors - Another great one, mellow, pretty.
9. (3:41) Take A Walk - More of the same. Folky version of H&H. Ends with some awesome handclaps.
10. (2:26) Oh My Dear - Guitar and vocals only.
11. (2:34) I Don't Mind - Fades out of the previous song. Upbeat, organ sounds, falsetto.
12. (4:10) Your Mother's Eyes - Mid tempo, lullaby, song from dad to daughter. Sweet.
13. (6:09) Signs Of Light - Downtempo, piano and vocals. Pace quickens around 2:40.