|Wovenhand / Star Treatment|
|Add Date:||2016-11-16||Pull Date:||2017-01-18|
|Week Ending:||15 Jan||8 Jan||25 Dec||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov|
|1.||Thu, 12 Jan 17:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|4.||Wed, 21 Dec 16:||DJ Stace|
|2.||Wed, 04 Jan 17:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|5.||Thu, 15 Dec 16:||ts porkchop|
a strange pursuit
|3.||Wed, 21 Dec 16:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|6.||Wed, 14 Dec 16:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Following on from the release of 2014, this LP is another hard rocking Americana singed assault. David Eugene Edwards is, for me, one of the USA’s most underrated performers. His track record with 16 Horsepower & Wovenhand has produced tracks that would have catapulted many bands to world stardom. Whether it’s gospel brimstone neo folk / post punk / experimental sounds, or good old-fashioned rocking & a rolling, this band never disappoints. Great release. See them live whenever possible, guaranteed to blow away the headliner if they support.
All good, loving 1,4,5,7,9
Like: Grinderman /Nick Cave, Cloak of Organs, The Gun Club, Swans
No detectable FCC’s
1) Come Brave (4.02) Loud & proud – Bit of the SDC / Death Cult / The Cult about this one.
2) Swaying Reed (5.59) Slower, restrained swirler of a track. Bardo Pond –esque psych.
3) The Hired Hand (4.15) Rockabilly moments with this faster paced foot tapper.
4) Crystal Palace (4.40) “We support the Palace, the Palace, the Palace, & that’s the way we like it, like it, like it, wo ooo ooo ooo oooooo” Doubtful this is dedicated to the football team from South London, but this is a splendid tune. Mid paced, with plenty of energy.
5) Crook And Flail (4.31) Tribal pounding with added intricate guitars. Has a live recording feel about it. Quality stuff.
6) The Quiver (5.41) More sedate, the wave your hands from side to side track. Picks up the pace towards the latter stages.
7) All Your Waves (7.55) Mid paced tour de force. Has all the elements.
8) Golden Blossom (4.23) Slower Indy pop like track.
9) Go Ye Light (4.50) More guts than the previous track, the highlight is that voice ringing out loud & clear.
10) Five By Five (4.44) Plenty going on with this one. It’s busy.
11) Low Twelve (3.58) A power love track style theme.
|1.||Come Brave||6.||The Quiver|
|2.||Swaying Reed||7.||All Your Waves|
|3.||The Hired Hand||8.||Golden Blossom|
|4.||Crystal Palace||9.||Go Ye Light|
|5.||Crok And Flail||10.||Five By Five|