|Von Ameln, Florian / Rvvr|
|Artist:||Von Ameln, Florian||Added:||Nov 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-12-06||Pull Date:||2017-02-07||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Dec 11|
|1.||Dec 10, 2016:||Narnia |
The Last Before Settlement
|2.||Dec 10, 2016:||Music Casserole |
My Mood In December
Ambient experimental. Textured music with synth pulses to sink into. Lots of organic and acoustic sounds, so not quite like some of the deep-space stuff that’s been appearing on the A-file recently. Imagine a bass rumbling in the background--then guitars and bells flitting around on top like little animals. Some tracks are like that. Now imagine the same thing immersed in rich static--other tracks are like that. Occasionally he’ll cross in some birdsong to enhance the organic effect, or some industrial noise. Grand landscapes, half-city, half-country. The tracks are coherent, fully developed structures. Courtesy of a veteran musician in Nuremberg, Germany.|
Recommended: any, but maybe start with 2, 3, 6
1) “Komplement” (1:42): Gritty, with pulses underneath.
2) “The Last Before Settlement” (9:43): Quick beeping, like a medical emergency. Birdsong, and some ominous murmuring. Drony strings.
3) “My Mood in December” (5:28): Extended bass notes establish a simple melody. Some guitars plunk around up top.
4) “Belief Propagation” (4:06): Thoughtful synth notes walk up and down. High bells predominate at the end.
5) “A Completely Disingenuous Comparison” (1:45): Organ/synth weaving some narrow harmonies.
6) “Indisintegration” (7:11): Clicks, piano tapping. Pronounced but soft beat. Like watching individual frames of a movie--cool. Becomes drony.
7) “About Liz” (5:44): Spooky notes creep up and down. (Is Liz a ghost?) Light tapping on the cymbals is a good contrast.
8) “In Closing Season” (3:36): Staticky. Melody on the high end this time, with vaguely industrial chaos in the background. Noisier.
9) “A Disingenuous Comparison” (5:21): A beautiful effect which he has used before: a pronounced but soft beat adds structure to synth tones.
|1.||Komplement||5.||A Completely Disingenuous Comparison|
|2.||The Last Before Settlement||6.||Indisintegration|
|3.||My Mood In December||7.||About Liz|
|4.||Belief Propagation||8.||In Closing Season|
|9.||A Disingenuous Comparison|