|Deaf Center / Pale Ravine|
|Add Date:||2017-01-24||Pull Date:||2017-03-28||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||5 Feb||29 Jan|
|1.||Jul 16, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|3.||Jan 31, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|2.||Feb 03, 2017:||Emergency Crew - For Scuttle Toes |
End Station, Lobby
|4.||Jan 28, 2017:||Music Casserole |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Double LP re-release, originally from 2005, this is now repackaged, with extra tracks & sounding even fresher. Norwegian duo of Erik K Skodvin and Otto A Totland, giving us this collection of lush ambient naturalistic sounds, with an added touch of the classical. Evocative, beautiful music. Keep an ear on the long low fades. Piano, Bass, manipulations & just the right amount of droney loveliness. Incredibly relaxing for any show, at any time of the day or night.
All good, loving 3,5,6,7,8,9 & 17
Like: Monadh, Stefan Wesolowski, Gregg Skloff, Mytrip
No FCC’s (Instrumentals – apart from 17)
1) 1 Lobby (3.01) Soft drone with an optimistic undercurrent.
2) 1 Thread (3.39) Carries on from previous with added textures. Sand paper style motif of rustling.
3) 1 White Lake (6.35) Piano & bass loveliness with delicate accompaniment.
4) 1 Path To Lucy (4.54) At one with nature: forests, oceans, mountains – let the music take you completely away.
5) 1 Stone Beacon (3.30) Atmospheric emotional piece.
6) 1 Weir (6.34) On the edge of the darker experimental spectrum. Lots going on although the sounds melt together very nicely.
7) 1 Loft (4.15) Slow brooding soundtrack quality. Hauntingly good.
8) 1 Thunder Night (4.28) Strings & bells. A further film noir classic.
9) 2 Lamp Mien (3.59) Another double bass of an aching beauty.
10) 2 The Clearing (4.13) Sounds of the wild – A rainforest waking up.
11) 2 Fog Animal (4.25) Ominous start leads to a brighter airy feel.
12) 2 Eloy (2.16) Just so nice & pleasant. Piano leads the way.
13) 2 Social Lucy Waltz (3.24) Could be a choir singing to a drone filled auditorium.
14) 2 The Hall (5.03) Slow quiet build, pensive throughout.
15) 2 Forest (2.04) Louder drone rises & falls. Abrupt end.
16) 2 Corridor (3.31) More of a sparse isolated feel.
17) 2 End Station (5.47) Operatic, sinister conclusion. Wonderful.
|3.||White Lake||11.||Fog Animal|
|4.||Path To Lucy||12.||Eloy|
|5.||Stone Beacon||13.||Social Lucy Waltz|