|Terry Malts / Lost At The Party|
|Album:||Lost At The Party||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-11-30||Pull Date:||2017-02-01|
|Week Ending:||29 Jan||22 Jan||8 Jan||1 Jan||18 Dec||11 Dec||4 Dec|
|1.||Feb 10, 2017:||The Intercept |
|4.||Jan 26, 2017:||a strange pursuit |
|2.||Feb 02, 2017:||a strange pursuit |
|5.||Jan 24, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|3.||Jan 27, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Jan 20, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Local! This is the third LP of punk/power pop from Terry Malts (two of whose members are former KZSU DJs). They’ve left behind the lo-fi aggression of their earlier records, and in its place is a dreamier, more heavily produced sound. Their pop songwriting is as tight and catchy as ever, but now it has an idyllic sheen that suggests 60s wall-of-sound pop and jangly 80s post-punk. The trenchant angst that runs through is still there, but now the sugar coating is a little stronger. For fans of all things Ramones, Creation, Captured Tracks, C86, garage-pop. Favorites: 2, 7, 9, 10. No FCCs detected.|
1. (3:08)—Mid-tempo anti-nostalgia anthem. Straightforward post-punk with a 60s pop chorus.
2. *(2:24)—Fast, fun, a little spastic. Tinge of dream-pop in the lead guitar.
3. (3:36)—Midtempo. Sugary, upbeat 80s jangle pop.
4. (3:25)—Medium-fast. Jangly krautrock intro leads into post-punk. Vocals enter late.
5. (2:28)—Mid-tempo, early 60s heart throb sock hop pop.
6. (2:24)—Slow, wistful guitar interplay. No drums. Goofy sound effect finale.
7. *(3:16)—Medium-fast, gorgeous, aggressive post-punk sugar rush.
8. (2:26)—Mid-tempo, pretty, bouncy, a little surfy.
9. *(3:10)—Fast, crunchy, closer to their earlier recordings. Nice simple, melodic guitar solo.
10. *(4:23)—Medium-fast. Trippy intro. Hip-shaking, driving, really great.
11. (2:16)—Slow, grungy, with a glowing 60s keyboard melody.
|1.||Used To Be||6.||Waiting For The Bomb|
|2.||Won't Come To Find You||7.||Seen Everything|
|3.||Gentle Eyes||8.||And Suddenly|
|4.||Your Turn||9.||Come Back|
|5.||It's Not Me||10.||Playtime|
|11.||When The Nighttime Comes|