|Album:||Music For Public Ensemble||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Mccann, Sean||Added:||Nov 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-11-30||Pull Date:||2017-02-01||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Jan 1||Dec 4|
|1.||Dec 31, 2016:||Music Casserole
Fantasia, String Quartet With Ski Response
|2.||Dec 03, 2016:||Music Casserole
Video Singing Score No. 3, String Quartet With Ski Response
1. *(3:43)—Classical drone. Soft, multitracked piano. Slow, peaceful. RIYL Bing & Ruth.
2. (4:00)—Squeaking free-jazz flute. Multiple people reading a poem. Water noises. Harpsichord. Bizarro muzak-esque cut-up.
3. *(6:26)—Hyperactive orchestral jazz interlude. Real and synth strings, trumpet and sax soloing, dinner table sounds.
4. (2:41)—Warm, wordless, slightly unsettled choral piece. Conducted with a visual score using various shades of the color blue.
5. (3:22)—Slow, calm piano. Several people speaking different words simultaneously. Cuts out suddenly at -0:10.
6. (12:50)—Slow violin and bass clarinet, disorienting polyphonic speech and unnerving sound effects. Dissonant, ghostly high-pitched singing. Finale features martial percussion.
7. *(4:34)—Dreamy, slightly discordant. Whispering, piano, pedal steel.
8. (3:13)—Choral, wordless, floaty, comforting.
9. (6:03)—Glitchy electronics, multitracked violin, koto, spoken vocals hopping across the stereo spectrum.
10. (4:52)—Water sounds, violins. Bass drones that turn into dog-whistle noises.
11. *(5:29)—Really weird instrumental cover of the Hoagy Carmichael standard. Comes out sounding like disintegrating orchestral jazz.
12. (4:33)—Seesawing, squawking strings in 3/4 time.
13. *(4:24)—Slow, intense, slightly off-kilter choral piece with another visual score.
14. (3:38)—Tape noise, lots of voices flitting in and out. Organ. Choral music in the far background.
15. *(6:53)—Grand, beautiful. Keyboard intro, swelling strings, floating vocals. Some heavenly singing from Ian William Craig.
16. (6:15)—Minimal. Piano, soft speech, the sound of a lamp being bowed with a pen or pencil.
|1.||Introduction||9.||Pockets Of Night (Qa.4)|
|2.||Seam Of The Ocean (Qa. 1)||10.||Pearling|
|3.||String Quartet With Ski Response||11.||Stardust|
|4.||Video Singing Score No. 1||12.||Waltz|
|5.||Lapping Bulls (Qa. 2)||13.||Video Singing Score No. 3|
|6.||Lurida||14.||Tune In A Race-Car (Qa. 3)|