|Quilala, Chris / Split The Sky|
|Album:||Split The Sky||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Jesus Culture Music|
|Add Date:||2017-01-10||Pull Date:||2017-03-14|
|Week Ending:||19 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||12 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan|
|1.||Aug 09, 2020:||ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries Presents 'Lift Jesus Higher!' |
Won My Heart
|4.||Feb 23, 2020:||ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries 'Lift Jesus Higher!' |
Surrendered (Feat. Kari Jobe)
|2.||Jul 19, 2020:||Lift Jesus Higher Part 2 |
Because Of Your Love
|5.||Feb 09, 2020:||Lift Jesus Higher as presented by ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries |
After My Heart
|3.||Mar 15, 2020:||ReJOYce in Jesus Presents Lift Jesus Higher |
Won My Heart
|6.||Jan 19, 2020:||Lift Jesus Higher as presented by ReJOYce in Jesus Ministries |
Chris Quilala/Split the Sky/Jesus Culture Music|
The first solo album for popular Jesus Culture vocalist and musician Chris Quilala, this album brings together the lyrics and passion JC is known for with a “twist” – the addition of synth pop sounds and effects. Overall the entire project is very mellow and he is in no rush to start or end songs so there are long intros and outros. If you like “Active Child”or Elliott Moss, then this album is for you. Fave tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4. NO FCCs.
1. (4:21) Synth intro, chamber chorale sound effect, simple vocals. Beat doesn’t drop until almost 1 min. mark. Med-slow.
2. (4:10) Starts with simple vocals, pop flavor, Med tempo with dramatic chorus. Nice variety in sound.
3. (5:15) More real piano in this song than others, long intro, beat from beginning, music only ‘til almost 1 min. mark. Med-slow.
4. (3:43) Starts with what sounds like a record skipping vocal sample. Nice groove and vamps.
5. (4:07) Sounds and effects intro, tempo med, driving. High drama intro.
6. (5:36) Slow dramatic intro with much synth and drum hits, slow tempo.
7. (4:08) Duet with popular Christian vocalist Kari Jobe, organ intro, simple vocals, slow tempo. Nice simple harmonies.
8. (4:24) Driving synth sounds. Med temp. A bit repetitive in the sounds.
9. (3:56) Dirty/Muddy drum loop, 80s groove, med-fast tempo.
10. (6:29) Slow ballad with a light beat at intro. Soft sound.
11. (4:18) Starts with live drum beat (as opposed to the synth beats on most of the album). Med tempo.
12. (6:31) Ethereal, synth sustained sounds at intro, vocals starts at 1:08. Slow.
|1.||Welcome Here||7.||Surrendered (Feat. Kari Jobe)|
|2.||After My Heart||8.||The Length Of The Cross|
|3.||Because Of Your Love||9.||Reign|
|4.||Won My Heart||10.||Heart's Cry|
|5.||Only One God||11.||All To You|
|6.||Encounter||12.||Heaven Came For Me|