|Wylder / Rain And Laura|
|Album:||Rain And Laura||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2017-01-18||Pull Date:||2017-03-22|
|Week Ending:||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb|
|1.||Jun 04, 2022:||Music Casserole |
At The End Pt. 2, At The End Pt. 1, Strange Weather
|4.||Mar 17, 2017:||Road Trip |
|2.||Dec 04, 2021:||Music Casserole |
At The End Pt. 2, At The End Pt. 1
|5.||Mar 17, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Mar 21, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Mar 16, 2017:||Totally A |
“Rain and Laura” Wylder|
Five-piece band from Washington, D.C. that plays indie folk, Americana, and chamber folk-pop with strings and horns. Most of the songs are joyous and uplifting; some are peaceful and soothing. All are led by the strong vocals of Will McCarry. Excellent arrangements, often including the mandolin and fiddle or violin. RIYL: Head and the Heart, Fleet Foxes, folky Death Cab for Cutie.
Recommended: 6, 5, 1, 7. No FCCs detected.
1. (3:45) Living Room – Up-tempo. Plucked mandolin. Fiddle. Harmonized vocals. Strong hooks. ***
2. (2:55) Swells – Bouncy and fun. Features piano, bass and drums in a catchy, up-tempo tune that makes you want to snap your fingers. ***
3. (3:07) Bayhouse – Driving pace set by bass drum. Builds into a full arrangement with pulsing bass and backbeat drums.
4. (4:26) Snake in the Grass – High-energy chamber folk. Strummed mandolin, strings and horns.
5. (4:27) Strange Weather – Stately, anthemic ballad. Organ and fiddle dominate — with strummed guitar and bells. ***
6. (3:07) Bitter – Up-tempo folk-rock with some chamber pop trimmings. Full orchestration. Lyrics about a bitter breakup. ****
7. (3:42) Sunstroke – Another up-tempo folk-pop tune in the style that’s very popular today. **
8. (4:38) Lantern – Flowing chamber-folk that builds as it goes. Lilting vocals carried on waves of strummed guitar, strings, bells, and tambourine.
9. (3:12) At the End Pt. 1 – Fingerpicked guitar. Variable dynamics — from softer to bigger moments with full strings. Segues directly into the next track.
10. (5:45) At the End Pt. 2 – Continuation of previous track. Mellow and uplifting closer. Tinkling piano. Warm vocals. Full strings and horns.
|4.||Snake In The Grass||9.||At The End Pt. 1|
|5.||Strange Weather||10.||At The End Pt. 2|