|Headwaves / Headwaves|
|Add Date:||2017-01-18||Pull Date:||2017-03-22|
|Week Ending:||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb|
|1.||Jan 12, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler (Top 39 of 2017) |
|4.||Jun 16, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Jun 30, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Left Right, Mama
|5.||Jun 02, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Jun 23, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||May 26, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Four-member group based in Seattle that delivers dream pop-rock and lush synth-rock on its debut that’s a cross between an EP and an LP. The seven songs all make good use of strong rhythm tracks, giving the melodies structure and substance. The keyboards are very accomplished with plenty of guitar in the mix. RIYL: MGMT, Broken Bells, Portugal. The Man.
Recommended: 1, 7, 2, 5. No FCCs detected.
1. (3:17) Mama – Swirling, glittery synths with a dreamy ambiance produce a driving 80s anthem. ***
2. (3:29) Left Right – Fancy steppin’ through a synth-rock landscape. Crisp, march-like rhythm is blended with dance elements. **
3. (4:35) Bare Hands – Softer and dreamier, although still with a prominent drum and bass rhythm track. Distinctive guitar line with synth strings.
4. (3:16) Face the Sun – Darker and edgier in tone, with high male vocals.
5. (3:40) Working Overtime – Very Broken Bells. Laid-back groove. Buzzy, with jangly guitar attacks and a mix of vocals sung and sometimes almost spoken. **
6. (4:02) So Cold – Starts as a leisurely, melodic piano ballad. Guitar and other layers are added after a minute. Mellow Hall & Oates-style vocals, with some falsetto adding tension in the choruses.
7. (4:04) Western Life – Heavier, with a deliberate rhythm created by drums and pulsing synth bass. Fuzzy guitars and hazy synths. Vocals soar skyward. Anthem to eternal youth. ***
|1.||Mama||4.||Face The Sun|
|2.||Left Right||5.||Working Overtime|
|3.||Bare Hands||6.||So Cold|