|Segall, Ty / Ty Segall|
|Add Date:||2017-02-01||Pull Date:||2017-04-05|
|Week Ending:||9 Apr||2 Apr||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb|
|1.||Sep 07, 2022:||Zootopia |
|4.||Jan 13, 2022:||Reckless Burning (rebroadcast from Feb 18, 2017) |
|2.||Sep 04, 2022:||Zootopia |
|5.||Dec 16, 2021:||The Library (rebroadcast from Apr 5, 2017) |
Warm Hands (Freedom Returned)
|3.||Apr 30, 2022:||Lunar Echoes |
Take Care (To Comb Your Hair), Orange Color Queen
|6.||Apr 18, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Garage psych from a prolific artist with too many associated bands to list. A KZSU hero of sorts. If you’ve never listened to Segall before, this record’s an easy entry point and pretty comprehensive at that. There are a lot more dreamy folk tracks than on his previous records, and I sense a strong Wooden Shjips influence. One of his best.|
Related: Thee Oh Sees, Wooden Shjips, Tijuana Panthers
1. (3:38) ** Break a Guitar—Fuzzy guitars, raw vocals, serious riffs.
2. (2:07) Freedom—Very fast, urgent, with an acoustic backing.
3. (10:21) **** Warm Hands (Freedom Returned)—Epic, multi-section suite that effortlessly weaves in glam, folk, punk, and experimental guitars. Acoustic intro gives way to insane shredding and a beautiful jazzy guitar breakdown midway. One of my favorite tracks of the year already.
4. (3:51) *** Talkin’—Lazy country ballad. Piano and acoustic guitars mostly, amps up in the last few minutes before some strands of piano finish things off. Long, 30 second fade.
5. (3:54) The Only One—Ponderous metal with some bluesy vocal stretches.
6. (2:52) Thank You Mr. K—Fast garage track. Reminds me of the obscure vinyl records Your Imaginary Friend plays on his show. Brief sounds of broken glass midway before more crashing noise.
7. (3:04) ** Orange Color Queen—Slow, weepy for the first minute. Picks up the pace and builds drums and distorted guitars. Romantic.
8. (3:00) *** Papers—Similar to the previous, but with almost no electric guitar. Dreamy, mellow, folky guitars and piano cuts. Really lovely.
9. (3:07) Take Care (To Comb Your Hair)—Classic Ty Segall garage psych. Opens soft and acoustic, has some sweet soloing, and finishes like it began.
10. (0:12) Untitled—Two electric chords and very distant laughter.
|1.||Break A Guitar||6.||Thank You Mr. K|
|2.||Freedom||7.||Orange Color Queen|
|3.||Warm Hands (Freedom Returned)||8.||Papers|
|4.||Talkin'||9.||Take Care (To Comb Your Hair)|
|5.||The Only One||10.||Untitled|