|Adams, Ryan / Prisoner|
|Add Date:||2017-02-22||Pull Date:||2017-04-26|
|Week Ending:||30 Apr||23 Apr||9 Apr||2 Apr||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar|
|1.||Sat, 22 Feb 20:||DJ Aporia|
Being as an ocean
|4.||Mon, 17 Apr 17:||DJ Vanilla Bien|
|2.||Tue, 25 Apr 17:||DJ Woodie Wood|
Forest for the Trees
|5.||Mon, 17 Apr 17:||Shineymic|
Everything A to Z - Week 83
|3.||Fri, 21 Apr 17:||Jon Cousins|
|6.||Fri, 07 Apr 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
Alt-country with echoes of classic rock. Amazing record from one of my all-time favorite songwriters. David Ryan Adams (DRA) has seen a lot in the past 20 years of his career, including several excellent solo records, collabs with Whiskeytown and The Cardinals, and a chronic problem with tinnitus which prompted the live release Live After Deaf. He’s still standing, and still making heartbreak sound beautiful. Play any/all.|
Related: Jason Isbell, Whiskeytown, Wilco. FCC: 11
1. (4:00) **** Do You Still Love Me?—Straight riffing with a light synth backing. Classic rock revival.
2. (3:12) *** Prisoner—Mid-tempo. Acoustic guitars and harmonica. Romantic, taking things back to the Heartbreaker sound.
3. (3:02) **** Doomsday—World-weary, with harmonica and Ryan’s distinctive guitar tones. Classic.
4. (2:42) *** Haunted House—Spacious, uplifting. Gorgeous acoustic guitars. Something about yolo?
5. (3:05) **** Shiver and Shake—Slow, sad. Sparse guitars and light, sweeping synths.
6. (3:22) ** To Be Without You—Relaxed, more country. Blues guitar fills in the last few seconds. “Nothing really matters anymore.”
7. (4:51) Anything I Say to You Now—Driving rock sound.
8. (4:00) **** Breakdown—Minimal rock that steadily becomes more epic.
9. (4:21) Outbound Train—Tense, raw, chugging.
10. (2:57) **** Broken Anyway—Nostalgic, chiming guitars. Huge sound.
11. (3:56) Tightrope—FCC “fuck”. Solemn acoustic guitars and sax.
12. (3:29) **** We Disappear—Tight, throbbing. Settles into a nice groove. Crazy guitar effects kick in at the end.
|1.||Do You Still Love Me?||7.||Anything I Say To You Now|
|4.||Haunted House||10.||Broken Anyway|
|5.||Shiver And Shake||11.||Tightrope|
|6.||To Be Without You||12.||We Disappear|