|Joan Of Arc / He's Got The Whole This Land Is Your Land In His Hands|
|Album:||He's Got The Whole This Land Is Your Land In His Hands||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Joan Of Arc||Added:||03/2017|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2017-04-05||Pull Date:||2017-06-07|
|Week Ending:||11 Jun||4 Jun||7 May|
|1.||Mar 23, 2022:||Magnetized Toner (TJBDF-2017 Edition) (rebroadcast from May 2, 2017) |
|4.||Jun 06, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
Full Moon And Rainbo Repair
|2.||Nov 05, 2018:||truth to force |
|5.||May 31, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
New Wave Hippies
|3.||Dec 20, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
This Must Be The Placenta
|6.||May 04, 2017:||Music for Misfits |
Full Moon And Rainbo Repair
The first widely released record in nearly six years by this genre-indifferent, joyfully obtuse Chicago project headed by emo legend Tim Kinsella (Cap’n Jazz, Owls, brother of American Football’s Mike Kinsella, no known relation to Sophie Kinsella). Here, the five-piece band hit record, jammed for hours on end, pulled out the sections they liked, and cut them into songs. The result is a record that grooves surprisingly hard. It’s reminiscent of the milieu Joan of Arc came from: the Chicago of the late ‘90s/early 00’s populated by Tortoise, Jim O’Rourke, Red Red Meat/Califone, and so many other bands that wanted to find the weirdest way possible to swing. (This also reminds me of early His Name is Alive at their noisiest.) When I saw them live, bandmember Melina Ausikaitis played a fretless, stringless guitar. Joan of Arc: gotta love ‘em. Bad words on: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10. Favorites that don’t have bad words: 4, 6, 7.|
1. (2:54)—FCC (f*** multiple times). Grinding noise, glittery synths.
2. (3:41)—FCC, for a hard-to-forget line involving pizza.
3. (4:38)—FCC (f***). Great, loping, low-key.
4. *(4:46)—Slow, busy, hypnotic. Scrawls of noise, funky bass, lots of piano, occasional accordion. “C-H-I-C-U-G-O.”
5. (2:46)—FCC (f***, s***). Slow, chugging, chintzy beat and reverberant piano.
6. *(3:47)—Sliding, kind of krauty drum beat. Weirdly beautiful and heavy.
7. *(3:40)—Similar beat and sounds as the last track, but peppier; sounds like it was cut from the same jam. “Upon entry to our friendship you’re consenting to be photographed.”
8. (2:52)—FCC (s***). Mid-tempo march beat, propulsive.
9. (2:38)—Slow, squelchy. “I’m Phil Collins. I drum and I sing, even if my arms are tired.”
10. (3:51)—FCC (t***) Mid-tempo, four-on-the-floor, noisy and dizzy. “I found the king’s hands tiny and sans redeeming qualities.”
11. (4:00)—Slow. Spoken word over a wall of noise. Turns into a junkyard post-punk groove for the last minute.
|1.||Smooshed That Cocoon||6.||Grange Hex Stream|
|2.||This Must Be The Placenta||7.||Two-Toothed Troll|
|3.||Stranged That Egg Yolk||8.||New Wave Hippies|
|4.||Full Moon And Rainbo Repair||9.||Never Wintersbone You|
|5.||Cha Cha Cha Chakra||10.||F Is For Fake|