|Bing & Ruth / No Home Of The Mind|
|Album:||No Home Of The Mind||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Bing & Ruth||Added:||03/2017|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12||Pull Date:||2017-06-14||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||7 May||30 Apr||16 Apr|
|1.||Wed, 14 Jun 17:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|4.||Wed, 03 May 17:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|2.||Wed, 31 May 17:||Shay Z|
All Passion No Technique
|5.||Sat, 29 Apr 17:||Eme O|
|3.||Sat, 27 May 17:||DJ Aporia|
|6.||Sat, 15 Apr 17:||DJ Aporia|
Nostalgic continuous piano music/drone. Composed with piano, woodwinds, tape delay and upright bass. Tracks flow into one another and the whole record feels like a single complex moment in time recaptured. Music for questioning your imagination. Bliss out|
Related: Lubomyr Melnyk, Fennesz, William Basinski
1. (6:16) *** Starwood Choker—Fast continuous piano over faintly bowing strings. Deeper drone base develops later.
2. (5:40) ** As Much as Possible—Choppy, unsteady piano. Woodwind drone floats in and out. Some dissonance.
3. (5:18) *** Scrapes—Continuous piano, bowing, bass. Gaping widescreen atmosphere. Drone thickens in last minute and a half.
4. (4:59) Chonchos—Lo-fi unfinished feeling. Woodwind drone, stark piano chords, strings.
5. (5:47) ** The How of it Sped—Simple piano loops, gentle slow-moving strings. Reminds me of Eluvium.
6. (5:51) ** Is Drop—Windy, sinister drone. Pining strings, piano emerge slowly. Rises significantly in intensity midway. Mostly noise to finish.
7. (6:23) ** Form Takes—Fast continuous piano. Rich subterranean drones surface occasionally.
8. (6:01) * To All It—Melancholy piano chords, drifting longing drone. Watching night fall through an airplane window.
9. (6:50) ** Flat Line/Peak Color—Woodwind intro, rushing piano keys, subtle strings. Noise rapidly builds midway until the track’s soft closing.
10. (6:12) What Ash it Flow Up—Choppy piano for a while, then heavy drone, fast continuous piano subdued by noise.
|1.||Starwood Choker||6.||Is Drop|
|2.||As Much As Possible||7.||Form Takes|
|3.||Scrapes||8.||To All It|
|4.||Chonchos||9.||Flat Line/Peak Color|
|5.||The How Of It Sped||10.||What Ash It Flow Up|