|Bibb, Eric / Migration Blues|
|Label:||Stony Plain Records|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12||Pull Date:||2017-06-14||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||4 Jun||28 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr|
|1.||Dec 30, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
|4.||Jun 03, 2017:||Wild Kingdom |
|2.||Dec 08, 2017:||Traditions |
Masters Of War
|5.||Jun 03, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
|3.||Jun 15, 2017:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||May 27, 2017:||Old Fart at Play |
Mostly new tunes by this multi-instrumentalist/singer (guitar, banjo, contrabass guitar). A powerful CD that addresses the issues of refugees everywhere. Politically relevant and musically top notch. It’s full of emotion yet all very simple with only a few touches of acoustic instruments backing the tracks and wonderfully powerful lyrics. I wish I could send a copy of this to every member of Congress. Love this, one of the best discs of the year so far.|
1. Downtempo lament about being a refugee. So, so good.
2. Stripped down blues walk w/great lyrics.
3. Midtempo track inspired by Mexican immigrants.
4. Stirring ballad about people fleeing war. Delicate & powerful.
5. Instrumental for 2 guitars and harp. Relaxed & lyrical.
6. Stripped-down and lazy, like a heatwave. Great strings.
7. Bright midtempo, great swamp sound. Such a cool sound.
8. Downtempo Dylan classic given a delta blues touch.
9. Hymn-like, slow & simple song about love & hope.
10. Delicious midtempo Acadian/Cajun instrumental. Oh yeah.
11. Midtempo country blues stride w/great lyricas & harp accent.
12. A capella start, a classic w/ southern-picking stroll.
12. Short (:51 second) solo played on Booker White’s guitar.
13. Downtempo, quiet vocals & deceptively simple guitar.
14. Old time spiritual. Simple but deep vocals. So good.