|Dude York / Sincerely|
|Artist:||Dude York||Added:||Apr 2017|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12||Pull Date:||2017-06-14|
|Week Ending:||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28||May 21||May 14||May 7||Apr 30||Apr 23|
|1.||Mar 23, 2022:||Magnetized Toner (TJBDF-2017 Edition) (rebroadcast from May 2, 2017) |
|4.||Jun 01, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Life Worth Living Pt 2
|2.||Jun 08, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|5.||Jun 01, 2017:||FMF |
Life Worth Living Pt 2
|3.||Jun 04, 2017:||Totally A |
|6.||May 31, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
This trio seems to have teleported to us from the early 2000s. This is pure alt-rock that’s been displaced by a couple decades, delivering the usual shouty vocals, amped-up electric guitar, and crazy drums. It is what it is. Many of the tracks are very formulaic - try the longer ones if you want to avoid that.|
RIYL The Arcade Fire, Green Day, The New Pornographers
FCC on track 6
Recommended tracks: 1, 7, 12
1. (2:51) Midtempo, yet high-energy electric guitar and echoing vox with tambourine backing up.
2. (3:02) Twangy guitar and distinctly ‘90s alt-rock vocals, but maybe more grating than they should be...
3. (3:00) Uninspired vocals again, but a relatively interesting guitar solo about 3/4s through. Tambourine.
4. (4:15) Getting a Blink 182 vibe? Uptempo with lots of cymbal and harmonies.
5. (0:56) A recording of a voicemail about soda, with guitar.
6. (3:11) FCC! “fucking” Lady vox rawker with lotsa guitar and hair whipping, I imagine. RIYL Mikachu
7. (3:34) Tension building in the uptempo, minor-key guitar line. Creative layering of man/lady shouting vocals. Crazy guitar solo to end.
8. (4:23) Acoustic guitar strumming along dutifully. Mid/uptempo, minor key, lots of drum thrashing. Ends around 3:30; the rest of the track is just reverb.
9. (2:56) The usual uptempo over-in-a-second, lots of guitar and drums. Unremarkable.
10. (0:27) Another short muffled guitar interlude.
11. (5:13) Lady vox singing about love with surprisingly compelling lyrics. Midtempo, with lighter guitar interludes.
12. (5:02) Shredding. Builds to a compelling duet with a nice tempo change, ending with a harmonious, creative guitar solo.
13. (2:35) Light, purely acoustic ditty to end it. Wannabe Ben Folds?
|2.||The Way I Feel||8.||Giving Up|
|3.||Something In The Way||9.||Bit Saloon|
|4.||Life Worth Living Pt 2||10.||Sincerely Ii|
|5.||Sincerely I||11.||Love Is|
|13.||Time's Not On My Side|