|Moore, Thurston / Rock N Roll Consciousness|
|Album:||Rock N Roll Consciousness||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Moore, Thurston||Added:||May 2017|
|Add Date:||2017-05-04||Pull Date:||2017-07-06|
|Week Ending:||Jul 9||Jul 2||Jun 25||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28||May 21||May 14|
|1.||Apr 25, 2018:||Music for Misfits |
|4.||Jul 06, 2017:||Totally A |
|2.||Dec 27, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
|5.||Jul 05, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
|3.||Nov 08, 2017:||The Nick & James Show |
Smoke Of Dreams
|6.||Jun 29, 2017:||Totally A |
This album is so damn good. Long guitar tracks with Thurston’s distinctive vocals and artistic genius taking you into the wild, leaving you awestruck. Some serious Neil Young worship here. I love it.|
Related: Sonic Youth, Lee Ranaldo, Neil Young, transcendence
1. (11:54) *** Exalted—Chiming guitars, midway breaks into some dense distortion before the vox kick in. Long, classic Sonic Youth guitar outro.
2. (6:33) *** Cusp—Blinding-fast military drumming, distant hazy vox. Energetic arpeggiated riffs at times. Nostalgic in a heady way.
3. (10:17) *** Turn On—Epic, experimental track. Somber chiming guitar opens, multiple guitar lines and bass steadily enter and shift. Strong vox and steady drumbeat propel things. Deadpan optimistic, very SY.
4. (6:04) **** Smoke of Dreams—Dark, pained. Sardonic lyrics about New York. Really gorgeous guitar soloing. Chord progressions remind me a lot of his track “Illuminine”.
5. (8:08) **** Aphrodite—Grinding torturous guitars, killer drums. Gets into some freewheeling distorted guitar, then a sort of jazzy finish. What an album
|2.||Cusp||4.||Smoke Of Dreams|