|Moon Duo / Occult Architecture Vol. 2|
|Album:||Occult Architecture Vol. 2||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Sacred Bones Records|
|Add Date:||2017-05-10||Pull Date:||2017-07-12|
|Week Ending:||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May|
|1.||Tue, 05 Feb 19:||Telepathic Juan|
|4.||Wed, 20 Dec 17:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|2.||Tue, 16 Jan 18:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: Best of 2017 (Part 3)
|5.||Tue, 17 Oct 17:||Telepathic Juan|
|3.||Sun, 07 Jan 18:||Jon Cousins|
|6.||Thu, 13 Jul 17:||Jon Cousins|
Gorgeous, joyous psych. The brighter “crystal palace” counterpart to the gloomy “fuzz dungeon” that was ‘Occult Architecture Vol. 1’, released this past winter. If that record was the Yin then this is the Yang, associated with sunlight and the spirit of heaven. Really lovely people and another great record. I love the duo so much :’))|
Related: Wooden Shjips, Psychic Ills, Peaking Lights, Brian Jonestown Massacre
1. (6:05) *** New Dawn—Spacey 70s synth intro, then some lush instrumental psych.
2. (7:00) ** Mirror’s Edge—Spacey warbly guitars and shakers. Dreamy synths. Subtle drum beat kicks in later. blllliiiissss ooouuuttt
3. (6:47) *** Sevens—Joyous kraut, strong vox from Ripley and dreamy spacey vox from Sanae. Classic MD synths and distortion layer on until the end.
4. (8:38) Lost in Light—Light, airy. Gets a little too 70s AM for my liking.
5. (10:08) The Crystal World—Sunny, aimless plod.
|2.||Mirror's Edge||4.||Lost In Light|
|5.||The Crystal World|