|Swifter, The / Wall Sailor|
|Add Date:||2017-05-25||Pull Date:||2017-07-27||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||23 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||11 Jun||28 May|
|1.||Jul 29, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Jul 06, 2017:||Neural facilitation |
|2.||Jul 22, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Jul 05, 2017:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Jul 08, 2017:||Narnia |
|6.||Jun 29, 2017:||Neural facilitation |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
A feast of experimental classical broodiness from Berlin, courtesy of Andrea Belfi, Simon James Philips & BJ Nilson.
Like: Bardo Pond, Oren Ambarchi, Deaf Center, Woven Hand (ish)
All very good. Loving 4 & 5
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) A Drift (12.06) Pensive opening of soft percussion & background menace that builds & builds…All this leads to a barrage of sound with the constant drum beat banging away, piano takes over for a frenzied close.
2) Steel Murmuration (6.38) Full on X factor – Atmospheric slow paced percussion on display – maybe even a glockenspiel & fluttering birds amongst the droney bells. It gets intense later on as the performance gains momentum. (Long fade)
3) Travelling Angel (4.08) The avant-garde jazz piece with the piano taking a battering. The twinkling will certainly keep you on your toes.
4) Kneading Pine (10.17) Similar to the first track in it’s intro. This just stays on the ominous theme. Luxurious & bleak. This is the one for me.
5) Steeled Murmuration (6.09) Drives along at a more uplifting pace than the previous track, relentless & mesmerizing. Shades of The Bad Seeds. (Quiet long fade)
|1.||A Drift||3.||Travelling Angel|
|2.||Steel Murmuration||4.||Kneading Pine|