A pleasantly fuzzed indie rock trio from the Pacific Northwest (Vancouver, Canada) The Courtneys II, expands with ten more riffy odes to '90s pop culture, good times, good friends, and errant slackerdom. It may give the idea that the trio succumb to slackened discipline, that they’ve honed a formula so well that they’re confident enough to leave an open interpretation.
Like: Flavien Berger, Courtney Barnett, Babies, Broncho
1. Silver Velvet (3:00) Fresh, happy and fun punky song.
2. Country Song (4:00) Mid/slow tempo steady rhythm guitars.
3. Minnesota (3:40) Fuzzy punk happy.
4. Tour (3:57) Alternative punk, happy drums, nice vocals.
5. Lost Boys (7:00) Bored-sounding vocals, lyrics remind me the Cure and New Order.
6. Virgo (2:54) Fast, nice vocals more happiness.
7. 25 (3:15) Courtneys punk rock (like the first album)
8. Iron Deficiency (3:33) Stronger track of the album with courtney barnett vibe.
9. Mars Attacks (3:13) Freaky tone, good distortion and melody.
10. Frankie (4:25) Alternative punk feel good song.