Tigers Jaw / Spin: My favorite band in the world!!! Highly recommended if you’re into the emo-revival indie rock scene. Fuzzy guitars, pounding drums, and subtle pianos round up most every song. If you listened to the band’s previous album “Charmer”, this album expands on that sound. The two vocalists duet on most of the songs. This is also the first album to feature songs sung and written by the female vocalist, Brianna Collins, which have some of the best melodies on the album, like track #3. Super catchy choruses with easily remembered lyrics. FCC Clean. RIYL: Balance and Composure, Citizen, Pity Sex, Basement. Recommended: 2, 4, 9, 12.
1. Follows (3:47). Indie punk rock at its best. fast-paced swinging guitars, pounding drums, female vocalist adds harmonies into the outro.
2. Favorite (2:04)*** My favorite song on the album! Simple and catchy repetitive lyrics in the chorus. Piano can be heard predominantly playing back-up to the guitars.
3. June (3:24) Female vocalist takes the lead here along with the piano adding nice touches to the song’s summer-y melody.
4. Escape Plan (3:53)* Acoustic guitars at first then the rest of the band comes in. Emo-sounding overall.
5. Blurry Vision (3:30) Cool riffs in the intro, foot tapping beat, the two vocalists trade off in this song and both have solo parts. Song ends at 2:50, the remaining 00:40 are an extended intro to the following track.
6. Guardian (4:12) Crunchy guitars dominate a hooky chorus with duet vocals. Long extended breakdown begins at 2:40 leading into one more chorus that closes out the song.
7. Bullet (3:36) Emo acoustic guitars in intro, nice vocal duets in the chorus. A bit more mellow in the pacing and a nice, rocking guitar solo at the end.
8. Brass Ring (3:13) Female vocals, mellow pop-punk song.
9. Oh Time (2:51)* Awesome rhythm with the rock guitars in the beginning, head-banging pick-up of the pace in the middle of the song, my second fav song.
10. Same Stone (3:37) Slowest track on the album, almost a piano ballad. A filler track.
11. Make It Up (3:57) Punk rock song with emotional lyrics from the male vocalist.
12. Window* (4:05) Great support from the piano in the verses, the male vocalist’s heartfelt delivery and repetition of the lyrics make this song a memorable one, long instrumental outro starting at 2:50 until end of song.