|Diet Cig / Swear I'm Good At This|
|Album:||Swear I'm Good At This||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Add Date:||2017-06-28||Pull Date:||2017-08-30|
|Week Ending:||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul|
|1.||Thu, 25 Jul 19:||chickpea and onion boy|
|4.||Fri, 08 Dec 17:||Matty Light|
|2.||Mon, 08 Apr 19:||a.b. en masse|
wig out at denny's
|5.||Thu, 07 Sep 17:||Sully|
Brains and Eggs
|3.||Wed, 20 Dec 17:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|6.||Wed, 30 Aug 17:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|Sam I Am|
Diet Cig / Swear I’m Good At This: Made up of just a guitar player and a drummer, this band has a true DIY sound. Power-pop, pop-punk and indie pop are the genres covered. Most of the songs sound pretty similar, repeating the same formula of fuzzy, loud power chords over thumping drums so there wasn’t much to say about each song. It is an enjoyable listen though, the band sounds very youthful which is most evident in the tongue-in-cheek lyrics and vocalist’s delivery. FCC violations are noted as some of the violations aren't that well edited-out in the Radio Edits. Be cautious. RIYL: Adult Mom, Girlpool, Charly Bliss, Allison Crutchfield. Recommended: 6, 7, 9|
1. Sixteen (3:23) “fuck” at 00:35, “shitty” at 2:52. Emotional and slow intro into a fun, pop-punk head banging tune.
2. Bite Back (2:21) “fucking” at 1:06, “shitty” 1:51, Power chords, high energy vocals, slows down in bridge and builds up to fuzzy guitars.
3. Link In Bio (2:10) “fucking” at 00:49, lots of “fuck off”s interspersed with the lyrics starting at 1:48. It’s a fuck you punk song towards entitled people who think they own everything.
4. Maid Of The Mist (2:35) Thumping drums, bit of electric piano between verses, honest and emotional lyrics.
5. Leo (1:32) Tambourine in the background, crunchy power chords. Overlapping vocals at the end.
6. Apricots (1:05)* Acoustic guitar with lyrics about wanting to kiss/be with someone, cute song. Song actually ends at 00:52.
7. Barf Day (2:43)* A very fun pop-punk song about how much it sucks to be an adult and just wanting to have ice cream on your birthday, nice breakdown in outro.
8. Bath Bomb (3:10) Starts off acoustic and slow with clear vocals until middle of song where pounding guitars and drums come in.
9. Blob Zombie (2:00)* Fast and thrashy guitars, a bit of piano, definitely one you’d want to mosh and sing along to.
10. Road Trip (2:02) Electric piano and tambourine in background, indie pop guitar and drums.
11. I Don’t Know Her (2:52) A little more mellow compared to other songs but still has the signature piano, fuzzy guitar and drum combo.
12. Tummy Ache (2:41) More of the same power-poppy power chords and simple lyrics. Vocalist repeats same lyrics over these sounds from the middle of the song until the end.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Sixteen (Radio Edit)||7.||Barf Day|
|2.||Bite Back (Radio Edit)||8.||Bath Bomb|
|3.||Link In Bio (Radio Edit)||9.||Blob Zombie|
|4.||Maid Of The Mist||10.||Road Trip|
|5.||Leo||11.||I Don't Know Her|