|Sacred Paws / Strike A Match|
|Album:||Strike A Match||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Sacred Paws||Added:||Jun 2017|
|Label:||Rock Action Records|
|Add Date:||2017-06-28||Pull Date:||2017-08-30|
|Week Ending:||Sep 3||Aug 27||Aug 20||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16|
|1.||Aug 30, 2017:||The Fuzz Deli |
|4.||Aug 24, 2017:||moodswings |
|2.||Aug 29, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|5.||Aug 24, 2017:||Totally A |
Strike A Match
|3.||Aug 26, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Aug 22, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|Sam I Am|
Sacred Paws / Strike A Match: Upbeat indie pop with dance-rock guitars. Each track contains intricate female vocal harmonies and dual guitars playing fast-paced riffs and solos. Several songs are also accompanied by a brass section further adding to the fun and “get-up-and-dance” vibe of the album. The first track sets the tone for the album as all the songs sound quite similar, but overall, a really enjoyable listen. RIYL: Two Door Cinema Club, Walk The Moon, Neon Trees, New Navy. FCC Clean. Recommended: 1, 2, 5, 6,|
1. Nothing (2:40)* Catchy dance rock guitars with a brass backing section, vocal harmonies.
2. Rest (2:55)* Similar to first track but with more singing.
3. Everyday (3:09) Fun guitar riff throughout with hand-clapping rhythms in the chorus.
4. Empty Body (3:26) Fast-paced jazz-pop guitars, drums come in more prominently half-way through.
5. Wet Graffiti (3:32)* Deep vocal harmonies & a pounding drum beat.
6. Strike a Match (3:26)* Title Track. Brass section returns, track closes out to a dual guitar solo.
7. Stars (3:16) Song has a darker tone/pitch with a synth solo in the middle.
8. Ride (2:25) Simple drum rhythm & indie pop guitars.
9. Voice (3:25) Guitars give off a beach-y vibe, fun synth solos between verses.
10. Getting Old (4:07) Vocals sound like a back and forth conversation in the verses, guitar solo towards the end briefly reminiscent of flamenco music.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Nothing||6.||Strike A Match|
|5.||Wet Graffiti||10.||Getting Old|