|Cende / #1 Hit Single|
|Album:||#1 Hit Single||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Double Double Whammy|
|Add Date:||2017-06-28||Pull Date:||2017-08-30|
|Week Ending:||Sep 3||Aug 27||Aug 20||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16|
|1.||Aug 29, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
What I Want
|4.||Aug 15, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
|2.||Aug 24, 2017:||Totally A |
|5.||Aug 10, 2017:||Totally A |
|3.||Aug 17, 2017:||Totally A |
|6.||Aug 03, 2017:||Totally A |
|Sam I Am|
Cende / #1 Hit Single: Made up of members from LVL UP and Porches. Well produced power-pop songs, veering occasionally into punk and surf rock. Most of the drums are accompanied by hand claps and the bass seems to carry the rhythm through each song. Track 3 features Greta Kline from Frankie Cosmos and is definitely the stand out. FCC: 7. RIYL: LVL UP, Porches, Ra Ra Riot, Hovvdy. Recommended: 2, 3, 6|
1. Bed (2:51) Rock song with a bass driven rhythm. Hand-clapping beats.
2. Don’t Want To (1:36)* Surf rock song, very beach-y and summer sounding.
3. What I Want (4:45)* Indie rock ballad, nice dual guitar solo after the first chorus, female vocals accompanied by strings come in right after. The guitars and the strings harmonize really interestingly in the breakdown. Song ends at 4:14, and is silent for a second followed by instrumental.
4. Good Crime (0:53) A short instrumental rock’n’roll song.
5. Moment Too Late (3:39) Short spooky string intro, sounds like an old school punk song with a bit more restraint.
6. Void (3:21)* Indie pop intro with looping guitars, vocalist shines on this one. There’s sort of a somber tone that runs under the otherwise poppy melody.
7. Erase The Line (2:23) “fuck” at 1:17. Hard hitting power-pop song, some vocal vox going on. Acoustic guitars change the tone a bit in the middle, followed by a cool tempo change and affected guitars.
8. While I’m Alive (2:47) Electric guitar provides some melancholic notes between verses, while the acoustic guitar in the chorus makes it more light hearted. Fun vocal melodies and lots of “oh whoa oh ohs”.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Bed||5.||Moment Too Late|
|2.||Don't Want To||6.||Void|
|3.||What I Want||7.||Erase The Line|
|4.||Good Crime||8.||While I'm Alive|