Emo rock from American Football, legends of the genre. Songs sound pretty similar, which is a good thing if you're into it. Light and sad, nothing too unpredictable.
Reviewed by Middle School Boyfriend
RIYL: Tiger's Jaw, Pet Symmetry, Joan of Arc
Recommended: 4, 8
1. Where Are We Now? (4:43) quiet intro, drawn out vocals, kicks into a yearning melody, light drumming
2. My Instincts Are the Enemy (4:48) more upbeat, classic nasal emo vocals with some nice harmonies
3. *Home Is Where the Haunt Is (3:26) guitar plucking almost gets buried under this song's big sound
4. **Born to Lose (4:53) a little more bass, very full song, satisfyingly always has a bunch of great sounds at once, which is rare for them. I like this one a lot!
5. I've Been So Lost for So Long (4:35) weird, off kilter beat in this song's chorus. strong drumming throughout. if I really listen it sounds wrong, but not necessarily in a bad way
6. Give Me the Gun (3:24) another unusual beat, interesting but not my favorite. sweet lyrics. last minute or
7. I Need a Drink (or Two or Three) (4:58) quiet intro that builds to normal volume, some trumpets at the start, super emo lyrics, pretty simple, soft song
8. **Desire Gets in the Way (3:28) big start that calms down a little, but still a more involved song than most on this record
9. *Everyone Is Dressed Up (3:38) trumpets, harmonies, swells of sound distinguish it from other songs on the record